Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your Favorite Disney Resorts?

What are your Favorite Disney Resorts to stay at and to just visit?

Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

What are your Favorite Disney Resorts to stay at and to just visit?

The only ones we've repeated are Animal Kingdom Lodge & Pop Century. Those are at the top of our list. Of the remaining, I'd put Coronado Springs at the top.
    Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
    Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
    Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
    Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

I love staying at the lodge and love visitng poly

Comment

I have four favorite deluxe Resorts, to stay at, and love each one of them.

Remember I only use WDW transportation while at the World so that might influence at choices somewhat, but I doubt it.

Animal Kingdom Lodge! ( Jambo House)

I just love the atmoshere and feel so completely at home here.
        The greenery in the whole pool area and beyond is beautiful.
        Love the outdoor seating area for Mara.
        The music in the background all the time!
        Not to mention the animals. Seeing giraffe, zebra and more in yout back yard. How can you beat that!
        So many interesting activities go on at AKL and Kidani. So many learning opportunities.

Bay Lake Tower

Location! Location! Location!
        I love the feeling that you are in the middle of the Magic.
        Being able to walk to Magic Kingdom is fabulous!!! It's especially great after Wishes to just have a short walk back home instead of having to fight the crowds!
        Being on the Monorail loop in wonderful. You are just a nice ride away from Epcot.
        On the resort Monorail loop you feel like you are staying at the Poly and Grand Floridian also. You can enjoy those resorts just as much with their nice outdoor areas and lobbies ( BLT's lobby not so much ).
        Love to dine at Captian Cook's. (Their Grilled Cheese sandwich - yum.)
        The Contemporary's Contempo Cafe has a great menu and tasty choices.
        Also it's just a short boat ride from Wilerness Lodge. Love that place also.

Beach Club

Again location!
        Before becoming a DVC member this is where I always wished I could stay.
        Love the walk to Epcot is fantastic!
        Love the boat ride to the Studios.
        The walk or boat ride to the Broadwalk, Swan and Dolphin is great.
        Here you also feel like you are in the middle of everything.
        Absolutely love just be able to walk over to Illuminations at 8:45pm and then just walk back when it's over. No working your way through the crowds or waits for transportation.

Wilderness Lodge

I just love the atmosphere here just like at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House)
        The lobby is amazing.
        Short boat or bus ride to Magic Kingdom.
        Nice restaurants.

My favorite Moderate Resort is Port Orleans French Quarter.

Small Resort so you are close to everything. I love being close to the main building and buses.
        Short walk, bus or boat ride to PO Riverside.
        Boat ride to Downtown Disney.

My favorite Value is Pop Century

Great resort for the money
        Great Food Court
        Just a walk form Art of Animation
        Buses go directly to the parks your POP. They don't share with any other resort.
        The standard room area where I like to stay is close to the main building and buses.

My favorite Resort to visit is the Polynesian

Just love this Resort.
        Last edited by Jackie; 02-27-2013, 07:20 AM.
        Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
        Amazon: Volume 1
        http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

Wilderness Lodge
          in the winter. Especially around the holidays.
          Beach Club
          Any other time.

Comment

Kidani and Jambo, of course

I like the Poly, as well
            sigpic
            WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

your place for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Comment

It used to be the Grand Flo as the CMs there are amazing but after a recent stay at Coronado Springs it is so hard to beat their lovely grounds.
              Disney Resorts stayed in
              2008-Contemporary Resort South Garden Rooms
              2009-Saratoga Springs- The Grandstand
              2010-Bay Lake Tower
              2011-Contemporary & Old Key West
              July '12- Disney's Newport Bay Club, Paris
              Aug '12- CSR- Casitas 4, GF- Boca Chica & BWV
              Oct/Nov '12-CSR

Up coming
              August 2012 CSR/ CR

Comment

Carribean Beach...heading back "home" in February! Love the feel and the "laid-bacK" atmosphere! Haven't seen the new pool, so we are excited! Always good bus service there!
                Offsite (JAN 1990) Honeymoon Offsite (AUG 1995) Caribbean Beach (APR 2000) Swan (JUNE 2001) Caribbean Beach (FEB 2008) Coronado (FEB 2010) Port Orleans FQ (FEB 2012) Caribbean Beach (2014)

Comment

Deluxe - Beach Club. I love everything about this resort. Love being able to walk over to Epcot. Love the grounds, the view...did I say everything? Because I do.

Moderate - POFQ - Such beautiful grounds. Reminds me of a pretty home

Value - Pop Century - Love love love me some Pop.

As for visiting - I love to visit the Poly. The lobby is beautiful.
                  Episode 233 Guest
                  2002-All-Star Resort
                  2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009 Pop Centry
                  2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Spring Break)
                  2010 Bay Lake Towers (Thanksgiving)
                  New DVC Member - Bay Lake Towers

Comment

My favorite deluxe is Wilderness Lodge and Moderate is POR...I've never stayed in a Value but I hope to stay at Art if Animation in the very near future...

Comment

I'd have to say Fort Wilderness for nostalgia factor. We camped there when I was a kid.
                      For hotels, we really liked Caribbean Beach. Little person wants to go back; Mommy and Daddy want to try another hotel for variety; grandpa's paying fir Orange Lake off-site, so we'll be there in 4 days!!
                      Mick, the new pool at CB is great! Good slides and excellent kid's play pool.
                      2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
                      2007 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Akena
                      2001 - WDW, Comfort Inn Maingate
                      1997 - WDW, Comfort Inn Maingate (25th Anniversary)
                      1996 - WDW, All Star Sports (wedding guest package)
                      1984 & 1984 - WDW, off site
                      1974-1979 - WDW, Fort Wilderness

Comment

My favourite resort to stay in

Deluxe - Bay Lake Tower or Contempory Resorts because of the lovely views around that you can see and the location is really good.

Moderate - Coronado Springs

best to vist Art of Animation and the Wilderness Lodge resort.
                        Disney Resorts
                        Aug '08-Contemporary South Garden Rooms
                        Aug '09-SSR
                        Aug '10-BLT
                        Aug '11-Contemporary & OKW
                        July '12- Disney's Newport Bay Club, Paris
                        Aug '12- CSR, GF & BWV
                        Oct/Nov '12-Coronado Springs Resort
                        Aug '13- Coronado Springs Resort & Contemporary.
                        Oct/Nov '13-Coronado Springs Resort
                        May '14- Coronado Springs Resort
                        Aug '14-Coronado Springs Resort
                        Oct/Nov '14- Old Key West
                        Feb '15- Art Of Animation

Comment

I loved the stay we had at the Contemporary - it just feels like classic Disney to me. Agreed with the walk to MK and monorail service being such fabulous amenities.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Dolphin too - We are Starwood members and have stayed there many times. Grounds are great - location fabulous. The parking fees and lack of DME have pushed us away from staying there lately.

I love to visit the Poly, Contemporary, and GF. They are 1A, 1B, and 1C for me. I have a hard time calling any of them "third" on my list. Too low for a great resort.

I have stayed at all of the moderates, and I think that Riverside is my favorite, but I didn't stay long enough at FQ to really appreciate it. For Values - I haven't stayed at any of them but I am excited to visit AoA in February.
                          July '13: BOGP Cruise 2.0 Feb '13 OKW & AKL Jul '12: DCL NYC to Canada Jan '12: WLV 7/11 ; 1/11: 1st Full Mrthn! 9/10 CSR & POFQ: Treehs meet& baby's 1st; 2/10 Dlphn: Babymoon!!! -7/09 WLV & Swan: 6th Anv 12/08 - Dlphn - Mousefest/MVMCP 6/08 - BCV & WL - 5th Anv 1/08 - Dlphn - WDW Hlf Mrthn 7/07 - Dlphn 1/07 - Dlphn - WDW 5K 8/06 - Dlphn 2/04 -CB 7/03 - WEDDING & Hnymn @ GF!!!! 2/00 - 1st trip! Dix Lndg

Episode 185 & 357 Guest!

http://twitter.com/#!/CT_Mickey_Man

Comment

Favorite resort to stay at is either Coronado Springs or Contemporary.

Coronado because I love to walk around the lake any time of day.
                            Contemporary because I enjoy watching all the people coming and going from the balcony.
                            Grand Floridian- A magical experience to stay there.

Favorite resort to visit is Art of Animation or Wilderness Lodge.

Art of Animation due to enjoying going round all the different themed areas.
                            Wilderness Lodge- Enjoy sitting on the sofas by the fire relaxing and taking in the atmosphere.
                            twitter.com/MissJ_E91

Disney Resorts Stayed in
                            2008-Contemporary Resort South Garden Rooms, 2009-Saratoga Springs- The Grandstand, 2010-Bay Lake Tower , 2011-Contemporary & Old Key West, 2012- Disney's Newport Bay Club, Paris, Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian. 2013- Disney's Sequioa Lodge- Paris, Coronado Springs & Contemporary. 2014- Coronado Springs & Old Key West. 2015- Art of Animation (Cars & Little Mermaid), Coronado Springs

Comment

I love to stay at Bay Lake Tower and Kidani Village. It's funny because they are such different resorts!

I think that getting to see the Castle/Monorail from BLT every day is just fantastic. We love the pool there, as well as the Contempo Cafe. Shopping there is also a lot of fun.

Kidani is just sooo peaceful! We loved getting up in the morning and going downstairs to check out the savannah. The bus service was great, so being somewhat 'separated' from the Parks wasn't a big deal at all. The inspirational sayings all around and the artwork were fun to look at.

I love to visit the Grand Floridian. Bob and I honeymooned there (23 years ago on Monday!) We can't really afford to stay there now, but I love walking around that resort and enjoying the atmosphere. I know some people find it 'stuffy' there, but I think it reminds me of Main St. USA. It's just a perfect picture of a time long ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X