AS Movies & POP Split Stay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS Movies & POP Split Stay?

We are planning our bi-annual Disney vacation for Jan 24-Feb 4. It will be 3 of us; me, hubby and our 4 yr old son. Right now our son is obsessed with 101 Dalmatians and thought the AS Movies resort might be a good fit. Our concern is the bus service. Knowing that is is the last stop of the All Stars we are concerned that the service will be less than stellar. We are veteran guests of POP and love it there. We have thrown around a few options...1) split stay with AS Movies & POP, 2) entire stay at Movies, 3) entire stay at POP and just visit Movies. I would appreciate any feedback on the bus service at Movies and the possibility of doing a split stay with the 2 resorts.

I have only stayed at Sports and the is the first bus stop at the All Stars. So have always been able to get a seat when leaving the resort. I am not sure how it would be from Movies.

I do splits stays all the time and Bell Services always moves our luggage for us. Remember they move refrigerator food for you also.

I drop my luggage at Bell Services in the morning and tell them which resort I am moving too.

Next I go to my new resort to check in, only because I always am concerned about getting my room requests. They will text me when my room is ready, which is usually mid afternoon.

Then I take off to a park for the day.

Bell Services delivers your luggage to your new mid afternoon. It is always suppose to be there by 4 PM. Since check out is 11:00am they probably wait until after lunch to organize the luggage and start to move it to the other resorts.

You can always call the Bell Services at your new resort to see if it has arrived yet.
    Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

With the extended length of your trip, I'd do a split-stay. Who knows, you may really enjoy it!
      Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
      Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
      Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
      Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

I'd go ahead and try the split stay. Disney does so much of the work for you and then you'll have the best of both worlds. You're going during a fairly slow time of the year so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Enjoy! Let us know how it turns out!
        Episode 59 & 211 guest
        '83 Off site, '87 Off site, 10/02 BW, 9/08 POR, 12/09 CBR, 10/11 POFQ, 10/12 CSR, 11/13 CBR, 5/14 POP & The Magic, 5/15 CSR Star Wars Weekends

I'm a travel agent looking to build a client base of fabulous people. If you're looking for an agent, please consider me. tricia.furman@themagicforless.com

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMom View Post
          We are planning our bi-annual Disney vacation for Jan 24-Feb 4. It will be 3 of us; me, hubby and our 4 yr old son. Right now our son is obsessed with 101 Dalmatians and thought the AS Movies resort might be a good fit. Our concern is the bus service. Knowing that is is the last stop of the All Stars we are concerned that the service will be less than stellar. We are veteran guests of POP and love it there. We have thrown around a few options...1) split stay with AS Movies & POP, 2) entire stay at Movies, 3) entire stay at POP and just visit Movies. I would appreciate any feedback on the bus service at Movies and the possibility of doing a split stay with the 2 resorts.
          I agree with the others- based upon the fact you are going to be there for a longer stay, as well as the fact that the crowd levels will be low when you are going, I would not hesitate to stay at ASM. We stayed there for my first trip to WDW in 2007 (kids were 7 and 4, so double beds worked then- not so much now they are 15 and 12) and I agree the buses can be less than stellar there. But based upon your time of year I would do a split stay without any hesitation- you are not going at a time when there would be big activities at the values like the Pop Warner or Cheerleading competitions, which tend to fill up the values.
          Thanks to Quickrewards and hard work, I have $2,000 saved letting us book our August Triphttp://www2.quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D13A7

Comment

Working...
          X