Brooke's Trip Report with Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooke's Trip Report with Pictures

Hey guys! Starting my full trip report! It may take awhile to get it all posted, but here I go!

Friday, June 19: Travel Day
    It was hard to believe when I woke up today that we were finally going to WDW! WE got up around 7:00 am and finished loading the car up. WE grabbed breakfast and hit the road! This day would prove to be a very long one. OUr hotel was is in Ocala. We made it safely through Tenn. and stopped at the Georgia Welcome Center to eat. If you saw my tweets you know we saw something a little funny in the restroom.

I have never seen a guestbook in a restroom so we signed it the Griswolds and said we were headed to Wally World! This was just the beginning of numerous National Lampoons joikes for the week.
    I-75 was full of construction! The kind of construction that doesn't really look like anything is going on but causes the traffic to move at about 55 miles an hour. We stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel somewhere near Tifton, GA but still knew we had a drive ahead of us to Ocala.
    We finally got to the Florida line and stopped at the welcome center but sadly it was closed! No OJ for us! We finally got into Ocala and traffic came to stand still. They were doing road resurfacing and it took us 30 minutes to go 2 miles. Only to find out our exit was closed! WE had to go about 20 miles out of the way but we finally got to our rooms. I was glad we made the long drive today because that meant we would be at WDW sooner!

cont. in next post!
    Last edited by Brooke; 07-01-2009, 08:15 PM.
    sigpic
    Coronado Springs June 2009
    POP January 2004
    Disney Magic Music Days 1998
    CBR 1992
    My 2009 Trip Report!

Brooke, you had me rolling laughing when you tweeted that pic of the bathroom guestbook.

You were brave touching that thing!
    "A man should never neglect his family for business." ~ Walt Disney

"But the most exciting and by far the most important part of our Florida Project...in fact, the heart of everything we'll be doing in Disney World...will be our Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow! We call it EPCOT." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

i don't get the point of the guestbook in a bathroom lol!!! that is just too funny :lol:
      Jillian

Comment

Saturday, June 20
        YAY! TOday we were going to Disney WOrld! Months of planning finally here! It was very exciting when we went under the gates and Coronado Springs was not far from there!

We all got in the Online Check-In line. It was very easy. THey took our hotel voucher and ID and signed something and they gave us our Welcome Folder with our Keys to the World cards, and surprise...OUR ROOMS WERE READY!!!!!! We had requested the Cabanas but were assigned the Casitas Building 5 rooms 5220, 5223, and 5224. I was a little upset at first but after seeing our rooms I was happy! We all had beautiful refurbished rooms that overlooked a courtyard with a fountain. If we walked down al ittle bit we had a great view of the lake and EL Centero area. Here are a few pics:

We were in a gorgeous area and I wouldn't have traded it for anything! We also found out we were just a few minutes from the bus stop that was the first pick up and first drop off! It was very nice!
        We knew we had an ADR at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner so we decided to head to the Magic Kingdom around 2:00. We were just going to broswe the shops before heading over to the WL. The guys checked out the fire house, while Zoi, Pam and I headed over to the short character meet-n-green line.

Daisy was very sweet! I realized it was time for the 3:00 parade so we decided to find a place to watch it.

Cont. in next post
        sigpic
        POP January 2004
        CBR 1992
        My 2009 Trip Report!

Comment

continued from previous post

I loved this parade! THe music was great and all the costumes were really colorful. It was a great way to start the trip.

After the parade we caught a boat to the WL. THis was the first time ruding the boat and it was a very pleasant ride. We saw this bird on the ride over

We saw a lot of birds over the week!
          The WL was amazin! I would love to say here some day. The pool area was neat. WE even saw some ducks swimming in the pool. The lifeguard appeared to be having an impromptu dance party and it looked like a lot of fun!. WE checked out the pin station in the lobby and I traded for a 2009 pin. WE browsed the gift shop and then decieded to relax in the lobby until time for our 5:15 ADR.

Dinner was at WHispering Canyon! IT was a lot of fun. WE all ordered the Canyon Skillet except for Zoi who got pasta. I definately recommend the Skillet! THe meat was all very good and the mashed potatoes were amazing. We got a second order of the potatoes! THey were so so good! Here is a pic of our food!

Oh and the cornbread and salad could have been a meal in itself too! We did decide to get dessert. Josh, Philip and I had the apple pie
          which I took a big bite out of before I got a picture, and ZOi and Pam both split a piece of Smores Cheesecake. AFter dinner it was time to catch the boat back to the MK.
          We decided we wanted our first ride to be the Haunted Mansion! We stopped and had some pics made by the photopass photographer (I will post some of those pics when the cd comes) and then headed right for Liberty Square. We were thrilled to see a 5 minute wait for Mansion. Zoi was a little apprehensive about riding it because she was always scared of it, but she ended up loving it once we got on. Of course we got stopped 2 or 3 times but I've decided that is just a normal thing. I loved that attic scene! We found out later in the week there is a backstage tour of the Haunted Mansion but we don't know anymore than just the tour exists. We will definately be looking into this whenever we return. Josh snagged a good shot of the River Boat as the sun was starting to set.

After Mansion we decided to head over to Pirates. Again 5 minute wait, maybe! I always love Pirates! Jungle Cruise had a 10 minute wait so we hit it up. It wasn't quite dark yet, but was getting there, so I can't say whether it was Junglier than ever. We did have a good skipper which made for a great tour!
          By this time it was about 8:30 and I knew we were probably not going to find a good spot to watch Spectromagic. We headed back towards the hub and it was packed!! We decided we would just head towards Tomorrowland, get something to drink and wait it out. We would watch Wishes and then the late Spectro. We headed over towards Cosmic Rays and found the Noodle Station was actually open so we all got glasses of iced water (FREE). It tasted like FL water for sure, but it was cold and if you drank it fast it masked the taste. We were hot so it served the purpose! We were able to snag a few good castle shots at dusk!

Philip, Josh and I decided we would try out Stich! I have to say that Alien was a much better ride but part of it was humerous, the rest left nothing to be desired. I never really got a good whiff of chili dog which is probably a good thing. After that we tried out Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor! We LOVED this attraction!! It was so much fun and we could see where it definately has repeatability. It has to be different each time you go! We wish we would have sat closer to the front. Neither Stich nor Laugh Floor had wait longer than 10 minutes. The short wait times were a great treat for the evening.
          After that it was getting close to time for Wishes, so we got a spot on the walkway between the Hub and Tomorrowland. I just happened to look up and noticed a wire and realized we had scoped out a perfect spot to see Tinkerbell fly over!! That was soooooo neat! We tried to get a pic but it just likes a blur of colored lights. Everyone with me was in shock that it was a real person. If you have never seen this up close you have to! It was very magical!!
          Last edited by Brooke; 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM.
          sigpic
          POP January 2004
          CBR 1992
          My 2009 Trip Report!

Comment

I'm loving your Trip Report and can't wait for more. It is great with the pictures.
            Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
            Amazon: Volume 1
            http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

Love your report Brooke! I feel like I can fill in all the missing time from between the tweets I received. :lol:

What a crazy drive down! So glad you had planned to stay the night in Ocala and finally made it there. We always eat at Cracker Barrel when we travel too - yum!

The rooms at CSR are gorgeous! I think you stayed right where we did but it was before the rehab. Great location.

Isn't Whispering Canyon awesome! I had that same apple pie and it was delicious. I am really hungry for dinner now!

Let me know if you find out anything about the Haunted Mansion tour. That sounds really interesting.

Can't wait for more!
              Michelle

Comment

Wishes delivered as usual! There is nothing like ending a day at the Magic Kingdom with this fireworks show. We were all talking about how we were missing our local county fair fireworks that were going on that same night. Philip, Josh and Steve are all 3 firemen and are usually the ones setting them off, they were kind of missing that but they all agreed that Wishes was WAY better than the fair fireworks. Here are some pics!

While we waited for the late Spectro parade, Josh, Philip, and Zoi and I all headed over for Buzz. I think we waited 10 minutes or so. It was fun, but I had trouble keeping up with my lazer. I would find out that TSMM is a much better ride! Steve and Pam headed back up to the front of the park and we found a spot right outside of Exposition Hall near the exit to watch Spectro! I love this parade and it is one of my favorite things about the MK at night.
                Didn't these guys use to have different faces? Like a mask/head of some sorts. I used to think those were kind of freaky but I didn't really like the real faces, but it didn't ruin the parade for me at all.

After Spectro we headed back to the hotel. It was a late night and we knew were getting up early to head to AK in the morning. We had had a terrific first day!! The only bad thing about today was the fact that Josh had woke up with really bad back pain. We didn't know what it was but Pam and I went out to a Walgreens before we hit the park and got some icyhot patches for him. THat and some ibuprofen helped him out a lot.

Sunday June 22
                I really wanted to be AK at rope drop, but I couldn't convince the rest of my party otherwise. We arrived at AK a little after 9:15 and headed straight for Safari. We did stop in front of the Tree of Life and got some pics with the photopass, and then back on track. We got a FP return for 10:03 so we wondered around for awhile. Zoi, Pam and I did a character greeting:

and then we saw some drums setting out. We didn't know if we could play them or not but there wasn't anything saying we couldn't. Over half of us were musicians so, we had a little impromptu jam session:

We got a seat in the backrow, which was great. IT was a bumpy ride, but most of the animals were up and active. Here are a couple of pics:

After Safari we went to It's Tough to Be a Bug! I love the waiting area for this. The Broadway poster done bug style are so neat and I really had never paid any attention to the music playing outside the theater. It's bugs singing it. Next time your there, stop and listen. It's neat! We then wanted to do Dinosaur before lunch so Philip, Josh and I did that. Zoi was a little scared so Steve and Pam waited with her and it was probably a good idea. I thought the ride was really neat. I did get a little freaked by the dino at the very end, but it was a lot of fun. I wish I had gotten the picture that it took of you on that ride. We all looked so serious! haha!
                We ended up at Restorauntosaurus for lunch. We all had some pretty great burgers and the topping bar was good. It wasn't the most memorable counter service though. After lunch Zoi and I went to a Pooh, Tigger and Eyore greeting. Most of those pics are on the photopass. More of those later.
                We decided it was time to head back to the room because it was going to be very HOT today!

continued in next post
                sigpic
                POP January 2004
                CBR 1992
                My 2009 Trip Report!

Comment

Zoi, Pam and I headed to the quiet pool in the Casita section! It was a little bit of walk from building five but probably about equidistant to the main pool, which we didn't get to until Friday. The quiet pool are was very nice and it was right outside the salon and gym. The pool was definately a relief from the days very high temperatures.

After some much needed pool time we went back to the rooms to get ready for dinner. Tonight was one of the meals I had most been looking forward too!! We all got dressed and grabbed a bus to MK and got on the monorail to head to.....OHANA!!!!!! The Poly lobby was definately hopping! There were lots of people waiting for both Ohana and Kona Cafe. I spied the sushi bar and it looked delicious. I will have to make a trip back over there for sushi sometime, but I will probably have to go by myself. Our ADR was for 6:50, so I got us checked in and we hung out in the chairs outside the bar. Josh, Philip and Zoi checked out the gift shop. Our pager went off and we were greeted by a nice lady that explained the restaurant to us, got us some bread and seated us at our table. We had one of the BEST tables. We were right by a window with a view of the castle.

The food came soon after that. The salad was yummy but I thought the side dishes were even better.

We loved the noodles and the pork dumplings. Those were our favorite and we even asked for 2nds of both of them, and they were glad to bring us whatever we wanted. The meats started to come around next. The turkey, steak, and shrimp were my favorite. I didn't like having to take the shells off, but they were still yummy! The sauces were all fantastic as well. My fave was the peanut sauce. I know a lot of people miss the potatoes, but the noodles are pretty darn good. I never had the potatoes, so I can't say, but don't give up on Ohana just because they don't have the potatoes anymore. We were finally ready for dessert. I was really looking forward to the bread pudding! The chef had come and talked to Josh before hand because he can't have ice cream so we knew he was getting a special dessert. The bread pudding was AMAZING, and the banana sauce was awesome as well!

Josh's dessert had pineapple, banana, brownie, and lactose free ice cream. The chef here was probably one of the nicest ones we encountered all week. He was the most understanding of lactose intolerance because also is LI. Josh really enjoyed his dessert. Here is a pic of me and Josh at dinner:

We had debated heading back to MK after dinner because it was EMH so we decided we would hit the monorail and see what the crowds looked like heading in. A family got on at The Grand Floridean and got to talking to us and come to find out they live one city over from us and the mom knew my mom and dad and knew that I had given voice lessons before. It was neat. It sure is a small world. It wouldn't be the last time we ran into someone from home during the week.
                  When we got to the bottom of the monorail platform we saw that tons of people were pouring into MK. We didn't really feel like fighting the crowds so we hopped on the bus back to Coronado and turned in early. We wanted to be up early to get to Epcot the next morning.

To be continued!
                  Last edited by Brooke; 07-01-2009, 03:58 PM.
                  sigpic
                  POP January 2004
                  CBR 1992
                  My 2009 Trip Report!

Comment

Fantastic Trip Report

What a great report Brooke, looks like you had a fab trip.
                    Cant wait to read the next installment.

Your photo's are great but please stop with the food pictures your making me hungry !!
                    Looking at the photo's i'm really glad we have an ADR at Whispering Canyon for Sept looks great.

Have never stayed at Coronardo Springs and in fact didnt think I would want to having heard other podcasts and reports that weren't to favourable, but your room looked beautiful and sounds like you werre enjoying the resort.

Comment

Loving the report Brooke! Its fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Touring Plans Social Media Guru!

Upcoming trips:
                      7/10 Honeymoon at Grand Californian Villas!
                      8/10 Crewunion!
                      10/10 Hallowishes!
                      12/10 Reunion '10

Follow me!:
                      www.twitter.com/kidanikatie
                      My blog:
                      www.thedvclife.com
                      Are you a Disney Geek? Check out:
                      www.betamouse.net

Comment

Great updates once again Brooke. 'Ohana's looks so yummy! And what a view you had. Josh's dessert looks awesome. Love the picture of you and Josh at dinner also - it is great!
                        Michelle

Comment

Great report so far....your fireworks photos are great!

Comment

Brooke, your report is FANTASTIC !!!!!! I love it !!!

You do a wonderful job. Your pictures are great. I love the one of you and Josh at dinner.
                            Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                            Amazon: Volume 1
                            http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                              Saturday, June 20
                              [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]We had requested the Cabanas but were assigned the Casitas Building 5 rooms 5220, 5223, and 5224. I was a little upset at first but after seeing our rooms I was happy! We all had beautiful refurbished rooms that overlooked a courtyard with a fountain.
                              what great rooms and to be the first to be picked up and dropped of is great! I will have to remember that those rooms are good ones to get! I love CSR!

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                              I was really looking forward to the bread pudding! The chef had come and talked to Josh before hand because he can't have ice cream so we knew he was getting a special dessert. The bread pudding was AMAZING, and the banana sauce was awesome as well!
                              omg, the bread pudding is seriously like the BEST disney dessert ever.. I could bathe in the sauce!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

check out my disney photos and more at www.flickr.com/marcellina
                              my california trip report:http://www.beourguestpodcast.com/for...ead.php?t=1772

Comment

Working...
                              X