This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOGP dictionary!!

Hey everyone.. I thought this would be a funny thing to do.. I have listened to a few of the shows in order to build our BOGP dictionary.. if you all have anything to add to it or find any errors in what I have already please let me know on this thread and I will update this first post here... this is just the start too! I'm sure as time goes by we will have much more to add to the list! :lol: So please post on here when you pick up on some funny, made up word or phrase to add to the BOGP dictionary!

BOGP DICTIONARY:

"Altoads" - Pam was trying to say "Altoids" but it came out as "Altoads" - Episode 166 (Sweet Treats)

"American Fold Your Laundry Wednesday"-The day after Cinco de Mayo 2015. BOGP is number one in the laundry folding podcast category Episode 854 at 17:30

"Animaly"-Relating to animals. Pam says her clothes did not smell "animaly," but rather smoky, after staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. In other words, the clothes didn't smell like a "reticulated giraffe." Episode 819 after 26:52.

"Animal Kingdom hot" - as hot as it gets in the Animal Kingdom Theme park (which is super hot!) - episode ? (I know this has been said a few times but haven't been able to find it yet)

"Animal Kingdomy" - An adjective describing things pertaining to the Animal Kingdom. Rikki on Episode 803, just after 10:00

"90 year old Hooters girl'' - Rikki convincing her grandma to be a Hooters girl. Tan pants with orange shorts on top and a Hooters shirt on episode 257

"Appetizery" - having to do with appetizers; a food item served before the main courses of a meal. - episode 153.

"Backgroundy"-Pam describing the music at The Wave restaurant on Episode 827 at 34:10

"Befan it" - Rikki invented this word on Episode 802 at 4:00 to encourage listeners to like the BOGP Facebook page. It is a play on "befriend."

"Behiny" - this is a Debbieism. It refers to the location of the Hidden Mickeys that are carved on the sheep at Animal Kingdom. Episode 594 at 10:15

"Bowl of meat" - the bowl of meat you get when you order a taco salad from El Pirata y el Perico - episode ?

"Bridesmaidal" - Rikki invents an adjective while describing her role in a wedding during Episode 579 (after 11:55)

"Buttery Wood" As in the Wilderness Lodge is beautiful with all the 'buttery wood'. Episode 855

"Caffeiney"- A Pam-ism meaning filled with caffeine; Episode 873 between 32:25 and 32:57

"Cloud of Funk " - How Len Testa described his scent while at the Animal Kingdom on a hot day; Episode 538 5:35

"Cough up a Donut"-Pay a lot of money. Debbie on the 2015 Give Kids the World Live Show in the 7:00 hour

"Crowdeder"-More crowded. Rikki catches herself before officially using this term on Episode 859 after 7:45

''Deborah Von Moneybags" - Not Debbie - Episode 591 at 15:30

"Disnettes"-A moniker for Rikki, Pam, and Debbie given by listener David on Episode 861 at 13:33

*"Disturbness"- Pam invents this noun form of "disturb" on Episode 789 after 4:33 in discussing her Christmas tree

"Fur babies" - our pets that are like a part of the family - episode ?

"Futeristic" - Pam botches the word "futuristic" before self-deprecating in Episode 594 at 25:34

"Getting unready" - what girls do at night before bed. - episode 144

"Gewgaws" - The otherwise useless things that Pam will reluctantly buy to personalize her Magic Band. From Episode 596 at 5:20

"Harry Potty" - Pam mixing up her words on episode 249

"Hellooooooooo(?)" - Pam's version of 'wake up and smell the coffee' - episode ? (she uses this quite a bit!)

"Higgledy Piggledy" - "in utter disorder or confusion" or "topsy-turvy; jumbled" - episode ?

"Hippidy Dippidy" - the hippy dippy pool at Pop Century - episode 100

"Hyth" - (noun-Debbie) cross between hit and myth Episode 472

"Iced out" - the way the castle is decorated during the holidays at christmas time - episode 74

"Jinglier" (Adjective; Rikki)-The Jingle Jungle Cruise is jinglier at night! Episode 939 at 29:53

"Junglier" - the way the Jungle Cruise feels at night! - episode ?
    Also Rikki makes an adjective out of the word "jingle" while discussing the holiday changes to Jungle Cruise. Episode 624 just after 6:30

"Kathy"- A phantom host of BOGP mentioned by a listener on Episode 899 between 14:50 and 15:21. The listener was probably referring to Debbie

"Limited Time Pam" - Pam repeatedly says "limited" while discussing seasonal desserts at Walt Disney World, prompting Mike and Rikki to joke about Disney's contentious "Limited Time Magic" promotion. Episode 624 between 8:24 and 10:26.

"Line-y" - What about Rikki's "line-y", from Friday's leftover attractions episode? - Friday 11/29 episode??

"Little Ms. Frugal Pants": Rikki gives herself and Debbie this nickname on Episode 839 at 32:40 because of their careful spending habits

"Mammoth Box" - Rikki talking about an old, huge tv back on episode 284.

"Manscaping"-Contrary to Mike's previous beliefs, this verb doesn't refer to men trimming their nails. Episode 814 between 16:34 and 19:25

"Monsoon season" - that week in May when it rained so much every day that several counties were pulled out of drought status - episode ?

"Mugsy"- A Pam-ism for "muggy," that awful aspect of Florida weather Episode 860 after 29:20

"Music Bands"- A Pam-ism from Episode 635 at 18:02 and again at 18:19. She meant to say "Magic Bands"

"Natt and Mate" - Err, Nate and Matt! Mike mixes up the names of the WEDWay Radio hosts on Episode 630 at 21:00.

"Nut Egg" - This is a Rikki-ism for "nest egg" or financial savings. Episode 779, just after 36:30

"Onions " - At the end of Episode 516, Debbie admitted she was distracted the entire show due to a foul odor, which turned out to be an old onion in her garbage

"Part of Your World" - Mike singing "Part of Your World" on episode 247

"Peoples" - the plural of people - episode 140

"Piddle shopping" - stocking stuffers - episode 76

"Piggylicious" - Rikki describes the bacon cupcake, which is served at Flower and Garden Festival. Episode 671 at 20:13
    (This was actually the official name Disney used, not a "Rikki-ism")

"Poot" - This is a Debbieism with no definite or obvious meaning. While eating her breakfast at Old Key West one morning, Debbie saw the "little golf carts poot by." Episode 633 at 12:20 Later in the episode, after 13:33, Pam takes a shot at using this new word in a sentence. While talking about buses, Pam said "the bus has pooted."

"Podcast Pals"-A line of action figures based on the BOGP hosts mentioned by listener Peter on Episode 896 after 21:38. Unfortunately, these collectibles are not yet available for purchase, and no release date has been announced

"Pop Portion"-An alliteration/tongue twister based on a split resort stay including Pop Century. Episode 896 between 4:55 and 10:49

"Pork of turtle" - a strange (imaginary) meal that Debbie was served at Cinderella's Royal Table - episode 154

"Pulled a Rikki"- A saying in Pam's family used when someone says something awkwardly. Named after Rikki. Episode 795 between 25:25 and 26:33

"Queen Geek"-A moniker for Rikki, after she appeared on the "Assembly of Geeks" Podcast. Episode 870 after 3:35

"Rahlmann"- A unit of measurement, especially applicable to running, that is equivalent to 10 miles. Episode 925 at 26:49

"Rikki Niblett Special" - Catching a buffet changing between breakfast and lunch, thus allowing the diner to eat brunch-Episode 523 (34:18)

"Rodent shaped waffles" - Mickey Waffles - episode 118

"Schmee" - Mike talking about characters you can meet around Pirate's. The panel gives him a hard time. "Schmee? That's a new character!" - Rikki "He's a lesser known pirate." - Pam Episode 236

"Shenanigans Story"- A Pam-ism referring to the false news story from a contest on Episode 893, after 39:55

"Stalker" - the local representative of a certain podcast who seems to always be in the parks ready to meet up with loyal listeners - episode ?

"Stalky" - the act of stalking someone; following or lurking.

"Thanksgivingy"- A Pam-ism from Episode 776 at around 4:00, referring to Thanksgiving music

"The Ghost of the Table Service Restaurants" - Mike describing Carribean Beach's Shutters Restaurant in Episode 546

"The Year of a Million Buttons" - Mike used this phrase to describe the What Will You Celebrate? promotion - episode ?

"Thundery" - the way the tiki room sounds during the show, as in lightening and thundery - episode 110

"Tomorrowland-y"... Of or related to Tomorrowland - Rikki

"Tube of death" - what an airplane becomes when your flight turns bad - episode 128

"Vacuum Cleaner"-Mike calls Rikki "the vacuum cleaner of Facebook" for her sorting through posted listener questions on the site. Episode 845 after 6:05

"Vintage Adults" - Senior Citizen. Episode 603

"Who's the sweatiest?" - Pam talking about a game she overheard a family playing in line Episode 232

"You might not get the correct answer today but next Wednesday for sure." - Pam thinks this line by Mike in regards to the listener question episodes (Episode 743 after 4:05) should be the show's tagline

Last edited by Jackie; 11-20-2015, 01:32 PM.

check out my disney photos and more at www.flickr.com/marcellina
    my california trip report:http://www.beourguestpodcast.com/for...ead.php?t=1772

LOL....funny but love the idea.
    D23 (aka Jonathan)

"A man should never neglect his family for business"
    - Walt Disney -

http://www.DizRadio.com "a new kind of disney show"

D23 Member:110013531655401

Comment

Rikki is the higgledy piggledy one! And remember that Jungle Cruise is junglier than ever at night.
      Becca
      Xx

What I'm thinking about

Jan 11 DLRP
      Aug 10 DLR; Sep 09 Pop
      Jan 09 SSR; Jan 08 Pop
      Apr 04 AKL; Jan 00 DLRP
      Dec 98 DLRP; Jul 97 DLRP
      Oct 95 Offsite; Dec 93 DLRP
      Oct 90 Dolphin; Jan 88 Poly

Comment

oh come on guys...u can't forget the "bowl of meat" lol :lol:
        Jillian

Comment

Originally posted by aurora1982 View Post
          Rikki is the higgledy piggledy one! And remember that Jungle Cruise is junglier than ever at night.
          ok.. so rikki said higgledy piggledy.. but what exactly does that mean? LOL... I forgot how she used the word!

I have a feeling rikki will make up at least 50% of these words for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Jillian (Jillybeaner21) View Post
            oh come on guys...u can't forget the "bowl of meat" lol :lol:
            ooh.. great one Jillian.. it has now been added to the list! You know, I don't think I've ever even stepped foot in El Pirata y el Perico.. it's always closed.. I want to see this bowl of meat!

Comment

It means either "in utter disorder or confusion" or "topsy-turvy; jumbled". It's definitely a real word! The earliest written example was in 1598.
              Becca
              Xx

What I'm thinking about

Jan 11 DLRP
              Aug 10 DLR; Sep 09 Pop
              Jan 09 SSR; Jan 08 Pop
              Apr 04 AKL; Jan 00 DLRP
              Dec 98 DLRP; Jul 97 DLRP

Comment

It means either "in utter disorder or confusion" or "topsy-turvy; jumbled". It's definitely a real word! The earliest written example was in 1598.
                WOW!!! what research! thanks.. I will add it now! who knew it was a real word!?! and poor Rikki got picked on for it!

Comment

Tut tut... I don't know... You use our language, but you just don't appreciate it! :lol: I want everybody to use the words "kerfuffle" (stressful situation), "snog" (to French kiss) and "nincompoop" (silly person) today. They just feel so wonderful to say!
                  Becca
                  Xx

What I'm thinking about

Jan 11 DLRP
                  Aug 10 DLR; Sep 09 Pop
                  Jan 09 SSR; Jan 08 Pop
                  Apr 04 AKL; Jan 00 DLRP
                  Dec 98 DLRP; Jul 97 DLRP

Comment

List

Tut tut... I don't know... You use our language, but you just don't appreciate it! :lol: I want everybody to use the words "kerfuffle" (stressful situation), "snog" (to French kiss) and "nincompoop" (silly person) today. They just feel so wonderful to say!
                    I like kerfuffle and will try to remember it next time. I use to say nincompoop all the time.

Marci, it is a great list. We can add to as we go as I know new sayings are just a Friday away. Eventually we could start playing BOGP Bingo.
                    Ray

Our websites:
                    www.wdwautism.com - Disney for Families with Autism Spectrum Disorder
                    www.mousetraveltips.com Podcast
                    Twitter: RayMTT

Comment

I've heard snog and nincompoop before actually.. how do you use snog though? like.... "give me a snog"? "they were snogging"? like that?

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      Marci, it is a great list. We can add to as we go as I know new sayings are just a Friday away. Eventually we could start playing BOGP Bingo.
                      Ray, we could play BOGP on the BOGP cruise! great idea!

Comment

Precisely! It's got to be the most unromantic term, right? :lol:
                        Becca
                        Xx

What I'm thinking about

Jan 11 DLRP
                        Aug 10 DLR; Sep 09 Pop
                        Jan 09 SSR; Jan 08 Pop
                        Apr 04 AKL; Jan 00 DLRP
                        Dec 98 DLRP; Jul 97 DLRP

Comment

Oh my gosh thats so funny. I remember most of those. Awesome idea:lol::lol::lol:
                          sigpic
                          السلام والحب والسعادة
                          Peace Love and Happiness
                          الجمال في الحرية هي على الأرض السلام
                          The Beauty of Freedom is the willfulness of Peace on Earth[/SIZE]

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

Comment

Terms

Precisely! It's got to be the most unromantic term, right? :lol:
                            I thought snogging was like a teenager term for kissing because it is used alot in the Harry Potter books.
                            Ray

Our websites:
                            www.wdwautism.com - Disney for Families with Autism Spectrum Disorder
                            www.mousetraveltips.com Podcast
                            Twitter: RayMTT

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                              I thought snogging was like a teenager term for kissing because it is used alot in the Harry Potter books.
                              Oh yes, that's definitely true, but it's more than a peck! An adult probably wouldn't use the term unless they were joking around.
                              Becca
                              Xx

What I'm thinking about

Jan 11 DLRP
                              Aug 10 DLR; Sep 09 Pop
                              Jan 09 SSR; Jan 08 Pop
                              Apr 04 AKL; Jan 00 DLRP
                              Dec 98 DLRP; Jul 97 DLRP

Comment

Working...