X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V-1 View Post
    Hi Guys
    As you know I am new to the BOGP boards but I have been listening to your fantastic podcasts for a month or so now. I am really enjoying listening to the older ones from 2012. You have so much fun doing them you can feel the energy coming right out of the IPOD. I will never be able to find enough words to express the pleasure you guys have given me over the past month I am so grateful. Thank you so much.

Sorry I have rambled on a bit, The point of my post is I have a possible topic for a future podcast and I will say sorry in advance I you have covered this before.

The question I would like to pose is we all love WDW ok but why? Why do we keep going back to ride the same rides that we have done a hundred times, Why does a Mickey bar taste so good in the parks it's just chocolate and ice cream why is it just so darn good in there. Why do I travel 5000 miles to do things I have done time and time again and still get excited just thinking about it. why does mike drive 15 hours
    an get excited about it. We will all have different ideas why and I would love to know what you guys think.
    My answer would be that I think it is all about the music (well not the only reason but a major player) played in and around parks/resorts. It is so uplifting and the feel good factor is like medicine. It plays on my soul. I just have to get back there for some more medicine for the soul.
    That's my take what do you guys think?

I second this one...and would add the Turkey leg tasting good...Why do Dole Whips in park taste better than anyone you can get from somewhere else....

Comment

• Our Disney Trip Expectations

Disney expectations. We all have them. We read and listen to the new "experiences" Disney brings forth such as new attractions, restaurants, foods, etc.. So what happens when we finally get to the parks and get to experience these new things? When were your personal expectations met? Exceeded? Or what just didn't do it for you? Are our Disney expectations too high?

For instance, on my recent trip:

Expectations Surpassed - Saana restaurant, YeHaa Bob, Test Track 2.0, Port Orleans - Riverside resort, Jellyrolls, French ice cream shop in Epcot, my cast member experiences.

Expectations Met: MagicBands, Be Our Guest restaurant, being in the Magic Kingdom before rope drop, Keys to the Kingdom tour, New Fantasyland, Photopass.

Didn't Meet Expectations - Enchanted Tales with Belle, MNSSHP, Jiko, carrot cake cookie, Food & Wine Festival.

So what are yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by UGene View Post
        Disney expectations. We all have them. We read and listen to the new "experiences" Disney brings forth such as new attractions, restaurants, foods, etc.. So what happens when we finally get to the parks and get to experience these new things? When were your personal expectations met? Exceeded? Or what just didn't do it for you? Are our Disney expectations too high?

For instance, on my recent trip:

Expectations Surpassed - Saana restaurant, YeHaa Bob, Test Track 2.0, Port Orleans - Riverside resort, Jellyrolls, French ice cream shop in Epcot, my cast member experiences.

Expectations Met: MagicBands, Be Our Guest restaurant, being in the Magic Kingdom before rope drop, Keys to the Kingdom tour, New Fantasyland, Photopass.

Didn't Meet Expectations - Enchanted Tales with Belle, MNSSHP, Jiko, carrot cake cookie, Food & Wine Festival.

So what are yours?

Love this show idea! Totally using this once we get through our trip report shows! Thanks so much! Love your thoughts, and mine are just about the same as yours!!
        Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeOurGuestMike
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/BeOurGuestPodcast
        Listen to Magical Mouse Radio Now! http://magicalmouseradio.com

Comment

• You may have already done some of these but here is what I can think of off the top of my head:
          Disney bucket lists
          Which attractions you would want to move to WDW from other parks
          What makes and attraction an E ticket attraction
          No matter what, I look forward to future podcasts!

-Ashley Milanowski

Comment

• Discovery Island

Hello Everyone!!! This is my first post on these forums. The podcast is awesome and I look forward to the further discussion on these forums.

What that being said a great show topic that I would love to hear about is if Disney were to ever reopen Discovery Island out on Bay Lake, what would you like to see them do with it? Or if you were Magically hired as WDW Executive and had the power to reopen the Island, what would you do, and please do not say turn it into a FP+ station . Though tempting I think we have seen enough buildings being turned into those, lol. Thanks.

Comment

• Welcome to the boards Mac2780!

I heard Pam say on today's O'Canada show that y'all needed more ideas. A couple concepts ran into my brain

Concept 1: I heard Mike say "weenies" Maybe discuss Walt's idea/use of a "weenie" and what each of your favorite "weenies" are from each park.

Concept 2: "Disney Connection" - come up with a theme, movie, character, etc. and discuss where that is used throughout property. You could use this for multiple shows. Examples: "Fantasia" - Where on property is this movie connected: Sorcerer Mickey, the hat and brooms are used in Mickey's Philharmagic, The Fantasia building and pool at All Star Movies, meet Sorcerer Mickey at DHS in the Animation Studio, The Big Sorcerer's Hat Icon at DHS, etc. Large to small connections can be made. I have seen topiaries with Sorcerer Mickey and the brooms at DHS but they have been moved, not sure where. And the list goes on. This concept may need a little research/prep but I think it is a cool test of recalling details.
              Or you could do multiple ideas in one show like where do you see a connection for the Three Caballeros, Mary Poppins, Jiminy Cricket. As some of these may only have a few connections.

Just some thoughts.
              Check out our book "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Parks" BOGP Episode 255 Interview
              On Amazon: Vol.1 http://amzn.com/1453699554 Vol.2 http://amzn.com/1497496896
              On Facebook: Attention to Detail
              WDW visits: 8/03, 2/04, 10/04 ASMovies, 10/05 POP 10/06, 10/07, 10/08, 10/09, 10/10 ASMovies, 9/12 POFQ, 12/13 POFQ, Pop 10/14, ASMovies 2/15, Poly 6/16

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac2780 View Post
                Hello Everyone!!! This is my first post on these forums. The podcast is awesome and I look forward to the further discussion on these forums.

What that being said a great show topic that I would love to hear about is if Disney were to ever reopen Discovery Island out on Bay Lake, what would you like to see them do with it? Or if you were Magically hired as WDW Executive and had the power to reopen the Island, what would you do, and please do not say turn it into a FP+ station . Though tempting I think we have seen enough buildings being turned into those, lol. Thanks.

Welcome to the BOGP Family and the Forums. Hope to be chatting with you often here on the forums.
                Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                Amazon: Volume 1
                http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

• DVC Options for Split Stays

Hi everyone.

Having been a listener of this and a few other podcasts for a couple of years now, I've always heard that renting DVC points is a great way to save money on a deluxe style Disney resort. As a person with a deluxe level want-list and a value level pocket book, I filed this info away in my mind in an envelop marked "Maybe One Day". But the other day, with no planning left to do but wait for the 2015 dates to be released, I finally got around to digging more into this option. What I found has my head spinning with possibilities!

What some listeners might not know is that if you stay during the value season (September through most of November), you can actually get a studio room for well under $200 a night -- even in some cases as low as $140 if you avoid the weekends!! (Prices from David's DVC Rental) ...Mind officially blown!...

Now with thoughts of sugar plums and split stays dancing in my head, I have to sort through all the information and decide which of the DVC resorts would best fit my family. I was hoping I might get a little assistance with this from the experts. Any chance you guys might do a comparison show on the DVC hotels? Perhaps broken down by category (studio/villa/etc)?? I'm really thinking a studio room might be doable for us and I'd love to learn more about what to expect from the DVC experience and get a more informed comparison of the studio rooms.

For example: It's easy to find information like OKW has the largest studio rooms while AK has the smallest...but what about details that would require more intimate knowledge of the resorts? Like, which resort has the most going on at night? Which is the quietest and most relaxing? Which has the best transportation, and/or most modes of transportation (monorail resorts excluded since those are a gimme). Which resorts are farthest away from the parks and will have the longest commutes? Which resorts do you guys feel have the best or most engaging cast members? That sort of thing.

Thanks for all you guys do! Love the podcast. Keep up the good work.

Tracy from Kentucky

Comment

• I would love a podcast about value resorts. Maybe 2, 1 about the All Stars and 1 about AoA. You've alteady done Pop.
                    ~Abby

https://twitter.com/zen_mom
                    http://instagram.com/sakdow#

Comment

• Not sure if this has been covered before but, I'd love a podcast on controversial Disney opinion confessions. For example: controversial, but I'm not bothered about Test Track. It's meh. Controversial for BOGPers, but Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. Controversial, but I hate Newsies the film...

Each host has to pick a park, an attraction, a restaurant or classic counter service item of food (Mickey Bars, Dole Whip, turkey legs...), a Downtown Disney experience, and a resort/resort experience, and maybe a Disney TV show or film that they hold an unpopular opinion on.

Comment

• I like this...
                        My Blog: http://www.adisneyworldafterall.com
                        Follow Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RikkiNibs
                        My Facebook: www.facebook.com/rikkibeourguest

Up or Down, North, South, East, or West, an Adeventurer's Life is Best!

If you come in here a Stranger, you will Exit as a friend. Kungaloosh!

Comment

• Top ten lists are always popular.

I've done at least one or two here in the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X