Hollywood Studios Closures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Studios Closures

Because of the construction for the Star Wars and Toy Story Lands, Lights Motors Action will permanently close on April 2; and Studios Catering Company, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, and the Earful Tower will close as well.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...115-story.html
    Thoughts?
    WE'RE TALKING DISNEY, GOING AT IT AS HARD AS WE CAN!

DHS is definitely going to be challenging to tour. I'll miss the Earful Tower. LMA and Honey I Shrunk the Kids wasn't anything we've done in at least 8 years, but I'm sure it will impact other attractions unless of course attendance drops at DHS this year which is also possible. For our 10 night trip in July, we are only planning one night to be at DHS so not even a full day.

Comment

I am wondering about DHS for my families upcoming May 2016 trip. This is our fourth trip to the world and we have only been to DHS once. We were planning on doing a morning at AK and then hop over to DHS to do a handful of attractions via fastpass. Just wondering will people stop going or will the remaining attractions regardless of fastpass be crazy long. I would love to hear how things are going this week now that the attractions are officially closed.

Comment

Originally posted by kholmes716 View Post
        I am wondering about DHS for my families upcoming May 2016 trip. This is our fourth trip to the world and we have only been to DHS once. We were planning on doing a morning at AK and then hop over to DHS to do a handful of attractions via fastpass. Just wondering will people stop going or will the remaining attractions regardless of fastpass be crazy long. I would love to hear how things are going this week now that the attractions are officially closed.

We have a similar strategy for our trip in 2 weeks and in July. We'll be doing a 1/2 day in MK for the mornings and DHS at night with FP's. We will not be spending additional time at DHS. We don't do big rides so it will be Toy Story, possibly MuppetVision and the Frozen Sing-a-Long. We may or may not do Fantasmic or the Star Wars fireworks. The fireworks were super when we saw them in February and we are not huge Star Wars Fans. The crowds were decent in February. I think a lot of people are enjoying the Star Wars attractions.

I'll be able to share more in a few weeks. It still seems worth a few hours especially if you have FP's lined up.
        Last edited by monorailbob; 04-04-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X