This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Your Phone in the Parks

Here's an idea for a thread for trip planning. A place to post the 'accessible outlet' locations located in the parks. That way if your in need of a charge, you'll know where to look. If we get enough, I'll update this first post to reflect them all.

We were just at Epcot. The waiting room for Capt. Eo, not the pre-show, but the room before that, has a ton of wall outlets. There is no rush to leave either. A good AC location to charge the phone and yourself.

Charging Locations (unless noted, outlets)

Magic Kingdom
    Designated Charging station at the Tangled Bathrooms in Fantasyland
    The preshow room of Monsters Inc at MK has outlets

Epcot
    Imagination Pavilion
    Capt. Eo: Waiting area along the wall. Many Outlets
    Land Pavilion
    Just inside the entrance to Circle of Life

Disney Hollywood Studios
    Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios there is a bank of phones in the waiting area. Under that bank of phones is a wall outlet.

Contemporary
    Main Concourse: left of the bridge to Bay Lake Tower
    Last edited by Mickeymaz; 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM.
    Ed Maz
    Signed, A Big Fan of the Mouse, the Duck , the Lion, the Alien, the Elephant, the ... you get the idea.

The Maz Disney Blog

Originally posted by Mickeymaz View Post
    Here's an idea for a thread for trip planning. A place to post the 'accessible outlet' locations located in the parks. That way if your in need of a charge, you'll know where to look. If we get enough, I'll update this first post to reflect them all.

We were just at Epcot. The waiting room for Capt. Eo, not the pre-show, but the room before that, has a ton of wall outlets. There is no rush to leave either. A good AC location to charge the phone and yourself.
    Great idea! I love this!!
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeOurGuestMike
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/BeOurGuestPodcast
    Listen to Magical Mouse Radio Now! http://magicalmouseradio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mickeymaz View Post

Great tip Ed, thanks for sharing! I never knew there were places to charge phones, and since I'm always using my iPod Touch in the parks to take pictures and check Lines, this'll be really useful!
      George Hart

Comment

A favorite charging station of mine is at the Contemporary. On the main concourse on the opposite end from Chef Mickey's to the left of the bridge to Bay Lake Tower there is a wall outlet right there! There are also a place to sit!
        sigpic

Comment

I love this idea!! Actually, I recently bought a portable battery .. mainly to take into the parks with me but I also figured it would be good to have when I'm out in the summer at the beach, going to a local amusement park, travelling, etc.

Here's the one I got: http://www.hsn.com/products/powerock...ariant=7097007

it wasn't very expensive, it works super easy, and it's so small.. like the size of a lipstick.

check out my disney photos and more at www.flickr.com/marcellina
          my california trip report:http://www.beourguestpodcast.com/for...ead.php?t=1772

Comment

Touring Plans had a blog post about this about a year ago. I knew I remembered reading it, but couldn't remember who or where I had read it. Getting old, you know.

Great thinking, Ed. Definitely some useful information!

EDIT: Also, don't forget there are designated charging stations at the new Tangled restrooms in Fantasyland.
            Last edited by Mr Toad; 04-05-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I use the Trent portable charger to charge my phone in the parks. It was fairly inexpensive has worked well so far.

Comment

Great stuff folks! We have also been known to escape to the Contemporary lobby for a quick recharge of our phones (and ourselves)

Luke

Comment

Just inside the entrance to Circle of Life. Handy when waiting for this and want a cool down!!
                  twitter.com/MissJ_E91

Disney Resorts Stayed in
                  2008-Contemporary Resort South Garden Rooms, 2009-Saratoga Springs- The Grandstand, 2010-Bay Lake Tower , 2011-Contemporary & Old Key West, 2012- Disney's Newport Bay Club, Paris, Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian. 2013- Disney's Sequioa Lodge- Paris, Coronado Springs & Contemporary. 2014- Coronado Springs & Old Key West. 2015- Art of Animation (Cars & Little Mermaid), Coronado Springs

Comment

This is all great! Since switching to an iPhone I've been wondering how I was going to stay charged. All of these are killer ideas!
                    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. Edgar Allen Poe

1999-Honeymoon-Offsite
                    2001-All-Star Music
                    2004-Port Orleans Riverside Aligator Bayou
                    2007-Pop Century
                    2008-Port Orleans Riverside Aligator Bayou
                    2013-Pop Century
                    2014-Pop Century
                    2015-Coronado Springs Resorts

Comment

At the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios there is a bank of phones in the waiting area. Under that bank of phones is a wall outlet. I charged my phone there for 15 minutes while I was waiting for my reservation.

Also across from the bank of phones is another wall outlet although I noticed that one was lose so I don't know if it actually works.
                      Connie

DS16, DD12, DH, and myself

13 WDW trips with the family, 4 solo trips

Resorts tried: ASMO, AKL, BWI, CR, CBR, CSR, POFQ, POP, POR, WL

Comment

The preshow room of Monsters Inc at MK has outlets. And so does Test Track. Connection? They both have carpeted floors. So find indoor attractions with carpeted floors--that have to be vacuumed--and you'll find outlets aplenty.
                        Michelle
                        It's good to be the (Evil) Queen!

1975 offsite~~2002 AS Sports~~2005 Pop~~2008 AS Music~~2009 PO Riverside~~2009 Pop~~2009 Kidani~~2010 Old Key West~~2010 Kidani~~2011 Kidani~~2011 Kidani~~2012 BoardWalk~~2012 Kidani~~2013 Kidani & BoardWalk~~2013 Jambo & Wilderness Lodge~~2013 Kidani & Boardwalk

Comment

I always carry a battery pack as I like to charge as I go. I try to top my off at lunch as that is often enough to get me through the day.

Not a bad idea to throw a iPhone AC to USB and cord as sometimes you have an outlet handy!
                          Later,

ZA
                          www.callofthewildphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marci View Post
                            I love this idea!! Actually, I recently bought a portable battery .. mainly to take into the parks with me but I also figured it would be good to have when I'm out in the summer at the beach, going to a local amusement park, travelling, etc.

Here's the one I got: http://www.hsn.com/products/powerock...ariant=7097007

it wasn't very expensive, it works super easy, and it's so small.. like the size of a lipstick.
                            You've had this a little while now Marci, what's the verdict? Live up to the promise?
                            Ed Maz
                            Signed, A Big Fan of the Mouse, the Duck , the Lion, the Alien, the Elephant, the ... you get the idea.

The Maz Disney Blog

Comment

Let's give this a bump with the charging spot near the Tangled Bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom.

Where else in the parks do you plug your phone in?
                              Ed Maz

The Maz Disney Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X