This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for planning FP+?

Even though I have experience with FP+, it was always just me and Rhonda, so nothing was life or death, so to speak. Our upcoming trip is 8 days, with our granddaughter, and during a busy week (Thanksgiving). Obviously, it's a little more important this trip.

Any strategies I need to use? Since we're taking our 8 yo granddaughter, Anna and Elsa is a priority. Plus, 7 Dwarfs, etc.

I know the pros and cons of using FP+ for parades/fireworks. My question for that is, can I FP+ both Wishes and MSEP on the same night?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
    Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
    Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
    Papaw Gigi Arlee

Jimmie, for our August trip I wasn't finding any problem booking 7DMT for our first day and I even think Anna & Elsa were available although my kids weren't interested. You are definitely during a busier week. I've heard people that are trying to get Anna & Elsa or other difficult FP+'s book those at the back end of their trip first since you have a great shot at securing it and then working backwards to the first day. At least that way you make sure you get one for Anna & Elsa.

I believe you can do MSEP & Wishes for the same night since there is no tiering for MK, but I haven't tried so not 100% sure. I'm guessing you are asking because they are both within the same hour. Usually they give you a FP+ time slot before the show/parade actually begins so that's when the clock would tick. I know it's a little different for shows/parades/fireworks with the 1 hour in between attractions. I think it will work. Let us know if you try to do it.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by monorailbob View Post
      Jimmie, for our August trip I wasn't finding any problem booking 7DMT for our first day and I even think Anna & Elsa were available although my kids weren't interested. You are definitely during a busier week. I've heard people that are trying to get Anna & Elsa or other difficult FP+'s book those at the back end of their trip first since you have a great shot at securing it and then working backwards to the first day. At least that way you make sure you get one for Anna & Elsa.

I believe you can do MSEP & Wishes for the same night since there is no tiering for MK, but I haven't tried so not 100% sure. I'm guessing you are asking because they are both within the same hour. Usually they give you a FP+ time slot before the show/parade actually begins so that's when the clock would tick. I know it's a little different for shows/parades/fireworks with the 1 hour in between attractions. I think it will work. Let us know if you try to do it.

Good luck!
      Jimmie, I agree with what Bob said - I will plan to work backwards when I book the "must-do's"... at least at the MK. There's always the strategy of if booking for 8 people - make it for 4 if can't get 8, then copy to other 4 - sometimes they work it out you first 4 may have 10-11, next 2 10:05-11:05, and last two 10:10-11:10 so you can all ride between 10:10 and 11!
      Jocelyn

Comment

This is a great thread to have here on the forums. Thanks for starting it, Jimmie.

I agree with Bob and Jocelyn. Try to book your harder to get FPs for the end of your trip. I am sure it is much harder to get what you want at a busy time of the year.
        Also up until now I have only made FPs for up to 3 people, but for our upcoming January trip I will be making for 7 people.

I haven't had any experience making different FPs at about the same time for different people in the family. Say you had young children who can only do the kids attractions and some that wanted to do the thrill rides. Has anyone had any experience booking different attractions for a group at about the same times?

Jocelyn, what do you mean about the strategy of if booking for 8 people - make it for 4 if can't get 8, then copy to other 4. What do you mean actually about "copy to the other 4"? Can you explain this?
        Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
        Amazon: Volume 1
        http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

Jackie- here's a post that will show you how to "copy" the FP+ reservation to other members of your group. Since there are a limited # of FP+ for each time slot, sometime you have to break up a larger party... say you want FP+ for 7DMT for 7 people between 9 and 10. You may not get it, but when you try for 3 people, you do. Book it. Then use the Add Friends and Family to existing FastPass+ link to add the other 4 - you may have to add 2 more people from 9:05-10:05 and 2 more from 9:10-10:10. Then all 7 of you technically have FP+ for 7DMT between 9:10 and 10. Here's the link with screenshots. http://wdwprepschool.com/how-to-add-...ey-experience/

I have made different FP+ for us - my husband doesn't like the thrill rides and my youngest isn't tall enough, so I would make 3 FP+ for the more popular attractions for me and my two oldest, and then make them for my husband and youngest... does that make sense?
          Jocelyn

Comment

Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
            Jackie- here's a post that will show you how to "copy" the FP+ reservation to other members of your group. Since there are a limited # of FP+ for each time slot, sometime you have to break up a larger party... say you want FP+ for 7DMT for 7 people between 9 and 10. You may not get it, but when you try for 3 people, you do. Book it. Then use the Add Friends and Family to existing FastPass+ link to add the other 4 - you may have to add 2 more people from 9:05-10:05 and 2 more from 9:10-10:10. Then all 7 of you technically have FP+ for 7DMT between 9:10 and 10. Here's the link with screenshots. http://wdwprepschool.com/how-to-add-...ey-experience/

I have made different FP+ for us - my husband doesn't like the thrill rides and my youngest isn't tall enough, so I would make 3 FP+ for the more popular attractions for me and my two oldest, and then make them for my husband and youngest... does that make sense?
            Thanks, Jocelyn! I will check this out.

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Comment

So, midnight eastern, 60 days out?
              Jimmie

Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

Another question. How do you determine what fastpasses to make? Just what you want? After consulting touringplans.com, I found their data quite surprising.

http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/fastpass

I set up a "dummy" touring plan for MK, and then set up a fastpass for anything over 30 minutes, which happened to be 3 attractions. After that, the plan looked pretty good.
                Jimmie

Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

I don't look at Touring Plans FP+ selections. I go with the FP+ that I want and use my experience for what I know likely wait times will be. We usually grab a mountain or two in MK, Test Track or Soarin at EPCOT, TSMM at DHS and fill in the rest for what I like and go without FP's for those I know I don't need at the time I'm arriving. At MK we always rope drop Peter Pan since we can walk on there and then builds huge lines.

Happy planning.

Comment

I do the same as Bob.

At Animal Kingdom I get a FP for Safari for later in the day. I ride it right after rope drop then head to the first Lion King show. I usually ride Safari twice every time I go there. I also rope drop Nemo, the Musical since you get the best seats. Lion King it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

Comment

What I found on Touring Plans was fairly predictable, but they suggest getting a Peter Pan FP, unless you plan to go there first. I haven't experienced the new queue, but we all know how that attraction builds & sustains long waits.
                      Jimmie

Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

If you want to see the queue, don't use FP+. Rope drop the attraction and see the queue. We did this morning. The queue is really cool. If you use FP+ you won't go through the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by monorailbob View Post
                          If you want to see the queue, don't use FP+. Rope drop the attraction and see the queue. We did this morning. The queue is really cool. If you use FP+ you won't go through the queue.
                          Good point, Bob.
                          Jimmie

Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

Working...
                          X