Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week - What have been your most Magical Moments at WDW?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week - What have been your most Magical Moments at WDW?

Question of the Week - What have been your most Magical Moments at WDW?

Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

A quick one off the top of my head:

February 2014, I surprised my wife with a short trip to celebrate her birthday. On that Sunday, we did a meet-up with the allears.net staff. I had always wanted to meet Deb Wills, one of the pioneers in WDW fandom. She and the rest of her staff could not have been more friendly! It was a great experience!
    Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
    Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
    Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
    Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

Oddly enough, considering how much of my childhood was spent there, my most magical moment came just a few years ago when my son went to the World for the first time (outside of a few trips to Downtown Disney when he was little). This was in 2006, and he was six years old. It was the week of Christmas, so it was an even more overwhelming visit.

As we're leaving from our excellent stay at the Contemporary the three of us were talking about some of our fondest memories of the trip. Halfway to the car I noticed my son was no longer saying anything. When I turned to him he was starting to cry a little. When I asked him what was wrong he said quite simply, "I don't want to leave". Of course that made me tear up quite a bit as I talked him through it. But the powerful emotions WDW create in its fans never really hit me until that very moment.

I still tear up a little just thinking about. Just as I did while making this post...

Comment

A few of mine...

Aires proposing in 2005 in front of Cinderella Caste... I had a feeling it was coming but didn't think he'd pull off bringing the ring! We made some good memories that trip....

The first time we brought my two oldest (Lucianna was only 10 weeks her 1st time) at ages 2 1/2 & 1 1/2 and watching the parade on Main Street.... watching them brought tears to my eyes.

We celebrated my youngest's 1st birthday with dinner & a custom cake at Cinderella's Royal Table - I mean how cool is that?

I love the my girls are so "free" there... they're often shy when others are around and don't like activities where people can "watch" them (you'd never know both of their parents will talk to anyone! ) But they're not at all self-conscious when we're there and enjoy everything to its fullest, which is magical for me to see....
        Jocelyn

Comment

My first trip was also our daughter's first trip in 2007, so I was seeing the Magic with my own eyes as much as theirs on that trip, although I think we were all overwhelmed by it all. It wasn't until our 3rd trip in 2010 that I really got bit by the Disney bug, and since then we always try to make each trip special in some way since we never know for sure when we will be back. We have done things like the Tomorrowland Dessert Party a couple of times, and of course eaten at the Castle and BOG Restauarant. But overall, I guess it would have to be New Years Day 2014 when our oldest daughter got to March with her High School Marching Band in the Parade at Magic Kingdom. It was special seeing her in the parade, but it was also fun having time alone with our youngest daughter at the park.
          Thanks to Quickrewards and hard work, I have $2,000 saved letting us book our August Triphttp://www2.quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D13A7

Comment

Wow! Great moments everyone. Scott, you were bringing me to tears also. I had to hide behind my monitor as my office walls are all glass and easy to see into. It probably would have been concerning to my office if they watched the CFO tearing up and thought it was about the company finances instead of Disney!

On our honeymoon in 1990 when Ginger and I entered the Grand Floridian, I still remember seeing her face in total amazement that she was staying there. It was priceless (okay, Disney put a price on it ). I had been to WDW a few times, but it was her first time and she was so excited (that hasn't changed!).

In 2004 when we took the kids for the first time and my parents came along. I remember a lot of parts of that trip. My kids couldn't believe the Contemporary. Brian was in awe of the monorail (yes, Ginger and my screen name are because of him). He could watch it forever. I remember the excitement that my kids had riding in the front of the monorail. The other big magic moment was walking into the Magic Kingdom and seeing Cinderella's Castle. It was wonderful seeing their faces, but also how happy were seeing their expressions. My parents faces lit up too seeing that.

There are other magical moments, but I don't want to go on to long. I'll let Ginger have some to post about.

Comment

Wow! First time and staying at the Grand Floridian?! She must have thought she had died and gone to heaven!

My son also got to ride in the pilot cabin on the aforementioned trip! I had completely forgotten about that. Did your kids get the card commemorating it? That's one heck of a rare keepsake nowadays.

Comment

Now it's time for monorailmom to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott D View Post
                  Wow! First time and staying at the Grand Floridian?! She must have thought she had died and gone to heaven!

My son also got to ride in the pilot cabin on the aforementioned trip! I had completely forgotten about that. Did your kids get the card commemorating it? That's one heck of a rare keepsake nowadays.
                  I loved riding up there! We almost always waited however many monorails we had to, to get up there! I am 99% sure I have a card from Lucianna was an infant, prior to the accident.

Everyone's memories are amazing... there's so many to be made there - some extraordinary, but lots of ordinary ones too! I think it's sweet though how everyone's memory involved their children and/or spouse's feelings & reactions, as opposed to something that happened to only them.
                  Jocelyn

Comment

Yeah, I think when you finally see the magic through someone else's eyes, that's when it is truly intensified. When you see that look of wonderment, and the faces they have no idea they're even making...

That's a truly special moment. Seeing someone else "get" it.

Comment

Did Jackie make a deal with Kleenex corp before starting this thread?! I had to compose myself after reading these!

Brian does have one of those cards from riding in the front of the Monorail.

Honestly, I have so many magical, tear-inducing memories! The ones that stand out though would be:

-on our honeymoon, being at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and just having the most fun evening. The performers came around as they always do looking for who was on a honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary..and we were announced along with a few other couples who had been married for "four days!!!!"

-there are so many moments with the kids. Brian on the monorail, like Bob mentioned, is one of all our favorites. I have a video of him as we're riding around, and I asked him what the next stop was. In his precious, front-toothless, little 6yr old lispy voice he said " The Grand Floryia...The Grand Froidian.." then puts his hands up and says "Can't pronounce it right!!!" We bring it up to the poor kid every time we're on the Monorail.

-the absolute joy on our daughters faces when we took them to 1900 Park Fare dinner on our first trip. It was our very first night, and we hadn't been to a park yet. Watching their smiles when the Fairy Godmother noticed the girls' matching Cinderella tshirts, and that Brian had on Buzz Lightyear's shirt and told him they were good friends...when Cinderella asked our girls about their tiaras, and asked Brian if we travelled by Coach..and then again when the Prince and Cinderella began waltzing in the middle of the room was just awesome. I could tell right then that the magic for them had just begun, and that this was so much more than they thought it was going to be.

-when Bob and I were on our solo 20th anniversary trip, we had just had a great evening strolling World Showcase and were walking on that path by Test Track as we were starting to head out of the park. It had just been a perfect, perfect day, and I told him that I'd always remember it, and that there was no one I'd rather be with and no place I'd rather be.

My kids pick on me all the time because I always get teary about our Disney trips, whether we are actually there or at home talking about it! The thing is that now that our kids are older, I find Magical Moments at things like the Hoop Dee Doo, when all 6 of us are together and laughing and having fun. At home, especially with the older 2 away at college much of the time, those times of just being in the same place at the same time and enjoying each other really are special.

Thanks for starting this, Jackie!! What a great way to put a smile on everyone's face.

Comment

WOW!!!!! What awesome magical moments everyone!!! Yes, Ginger you really need Kleenex before you start reading this thread.

I have been mentally fried the last few days with some very deep thinking and trying to work out some plans. At a later date I'll try to post some of our magical moments.

Let's keep your magical moments keep coming.........

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Comment

Excellent stories, Ginger!

Jackie, this is one of the best questions I can ever remember here. I'd like to submit one for you to use in the future, if that's OK. I'll send it via pm.

Oh, and I promise not to make Bob cry in front of his employees again. I'm sure they're all going to need a stiff drink tonight!

Of course, you can always use my excuse. "Eh, my allergies are acting up again".

Comment

Originally posted by Scott D View Post
                            Excellent stories, Ginger!

Jackie, this is one of the best questions I can ever remember here. I'd like to submit one for you to use in the future, if that's OK. I'll send it via pm.

Oh, and I promise not to make Bob cry in front of his employees again. I'm sure they're all going to need a stiff drink tonight!

Of course, you can always use my excuse. "Eh, my allergies are acting up again".
                            I love suggestions for the Question of the Week.If any of you that have any ideas just send me a pm.
                            Last edited by Jackie; 02-25-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Scott's story about his son reminded me of another one.

In '04, we took our nephew (11) & niece (8). Stayed at the Contemporary. On our arrival day, we did Chef Mickey's for dinner. As you know, every 20-30 minutes, the characters parade around the room and encourage the children to join them, waving their cloth napkins in the air.

After returning to our table, all out of breath, our niece proclaims, "This is the best day of my whole life!"

We still kid her about it. The thought of it makes me laugh and cry at the same time!
                              Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
                              Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
                              Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
                              Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

Working...
                              X