Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week - What are three reasons to visit Downtown Disney?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week - What are three reasons to visit Downtown Disney?

Question of the Week - In your opinion what are three reasons to visit Downtown Disney?

Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

Another great question- I cannot wait to see what answers come back for this one.

My 3 Reasons:
    1. No need to buy a ticket, yet you are still experiencing the "Disney Bubble". Many people go to Walt Disneyworld for a week or 10 days, but to save on tickets they only go into the parks every other day. On the off days Downtown Disney can be a great way to still experience Walt Disneyworld and save on tickets. (Be warned though- the ticket savings can quickly be spent in all the stores )
    2. Large Variety of Shopping and Dining in a relatively small space Although much of the merchandise can be found in the parks also, there are still some items that are unique to Downtown Disney. Furthermore, instead of buying items at each park and carrying them around or sending them to guest services each day, you can do all your shopping in one trip. Just as the parks have dining that is unique to them, Downtown Disney has it's own unique restaurants, ranging from simple places to finer dining, so there is something for all tastes and price ranges here
    3. Unique Entertainment you do not get in the parks Whether it is shows at the Stage, Bowling at the Lanes, Movies at the Theatres, the games at Disney Quest or Cirque de Soleil La Nouba, there is a variety of things for everyone to do.
    Thanks to Quickrewards and hard work, I have $2,000 saved letting us book our August Triphttp://www2.quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D13A7

Comment

This is a tough one! We haven't prioritized a Downtown Disney day in a long time, but:

- we are planning to stay at Saratoga Springs next summer for the first time in a few years, primarily because we'd like to see the new Disney Springs. The busses to get over there are always miserable no matter where you stay, so the thought of a rather pleasant walk from our resort over there is appealing! I think it will be a real benefit to staying at that resort.

- shopping! While Bob and our son may rather do almost anything else other than shop, our girls and I could easily make a day out of shopping here while sipping on something wonderful from Starbucks. The guys may want us to bring them back phone cases with Bay Lake Tower on them from that shop that lets you personalize one, though!

- nightlife, though I'm thinking more of our 20, almost 21 year old daughters when they go with their friends. They are loving the idea of live music at night, and (when they are actually 21 in a few months) getting to maybe sip a margarita sitting by the water watching those little boats from the Boathouse go by. This will be a great venue for a relaxing night like that.

Comment

Ginger and I talked about this last night. I'm in agreement with her post and the comments on Russell's post. I'm looking forward to the transformation of Downtown Disney and to hopefully checking it out in 2016 when the bulk of it will be complete.

Comment

I think Russell has the perfect answer. I agree with everything he mentioned.

I love Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli's.
          Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
          Amazon: Volume 1
          http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

1. Wolfgang Puck Express: Near-gourmet quality food at counter service prices, and a nice little outdoor patio
            2. World of Disney: The largest souvenir store on property. Great for buying gifts for those at home
            3. Goofy's Candy Company: Gotta love those cookies and Mickey rice krispie treats
            ======================================
            -Bill
            My home is Kidani Village. My house is just a place I crash after work

Comment

-Earl of Sandwich

-Cirque du Soliel

-World of Disney
              Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
              Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
              Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
              Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

oooo... everyone has great responses! I agree with them all! We haven't made a point to get there in the last couple of trips, but I can't wait until Disney Springs is complete - I do love the shopping and can't wait to check out some of the new places. In the most recent years, it seemed like you could everything DD offered somewhere else as opposed to unique finds like they used to have.... but it sounds like it's changing! But one of my top reasons is Days of Christmas!
                Jocelyn

Comment

Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
                  But one of my top reasons is Days of Christmas!
                  One of my wife's favorite stores too! I am not much of a shopper, but I will say the Ghirardelli Store is always on my list of stops when we are there.

I think Disney would clean up if they opened an outdoor seating craft brewery bar in the Marketplace side of Downtown Disney. That way all the men would have a place to hang out while the wives and children went shopping, even if it was just for a quick pint!
                  Thanks to Quickrewards and hard work, I have $2,000 saved letting us book our August Triphttp://www2.quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D13A7

Comment

Working...
                  X