Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week - When do you think is the best time of year to go to WDW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week - When do you think is the best time of year to go to WDW?

Question of the Week - When do you think is the best time of year to go to WDW?

If YOU could go to WDW at ANY time/times of the year when do you think you would prefer to go?

(This question came from the Random Game)

Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

I have never been in the Summer or Fall, just in December/January and at Easter. I am looking forward to going at the end of August for the reduced crowds compared to our usual Easter trip, but I like the Easter time for the weather- kind of a nice end to the winter and a kick off for Spring. If I had the choice of going at any time, I think I would go in late April/Early May. The best of the weather- days that are warm enough to hit the pool and ride the splash rides, yet not in the rainy season.
    Thanks to Quickrewards and hard work, I have $2,000 saved letting us book our August Triphttp://www2.quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D13A7

Comment

The week before Christmas. Most schools have yet to let out, and most people are busy Christmas shopping, party planning, etc...

When we went at that time back in 2012, we hit the MK at regular opening, did the Treehouse, Pirates, Splash, Thunder, Mansion, Small World, Peter Pan, and stopped for a snack all before lunch time!

Think about that!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott D View Post
        The week before Christmas. Most schools have yet to let out, and most people are busy Christmas shopping, party planning, etc...

When we went at that time back in 2012, we hit the MK at regular opening, did the Treehouse, Pirates, Splash, Thunder, Mansion, Small World, Peter Pan, and stopped for a snack all before lunch time!

Think about that!
        I love that time, too. We have been twice at the end of the second week of December- very low crowds, all the Christmas Decorations, and walk-ons for many attractions. Both times we have had most days in the 60's, which is one reason I would like to try late April/Early May. There is just something about getting warmer temps for a trip to Florida . . .
        Thanks to Quickrewards and hard work, I have $2,000 saved letting us book our August Triphttp://www2.quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D13A7

Comment

My favorite time to go is during the first 2 weeks of December. I just love all the decorations and the crowds are low!
          Episode 59 & 211 guest
          '83 Off site, '87 Off site, 10/02 BW, 9/08 POR, 12/09 CBR, 10/11 POFQ, 10/12 CSR, 11/13 CBR, 5/14 POP & The Magic, 5/15 CSR Star Wars Weekends

I'm a travel agent looking to build a client base of fabulous people. If you're looking for an agent, please consider me. tricia.furman@themagicforless.com

Comment

I've been various times throughout my lifetime but since having kids, September has held a special place for me simply because of the low crowds. Last year though, September was HOT! October has been nice too and we'll see how we like November this year. I haven't been during a time to see Christmas decorations in years so I'm really looking forward to that. January I recall enjoying, but we went during early February a couple of years ago - before school vacations and it was really crowded. The crowds are more of a factor for me than the weather - I live in New England so I'm used to the humidity, and think 60-70 is fabulous!

I would love to actually be there for Christmas one year!
            Jocelyn

Comment

My favorite time would be late October/early November. The weather is beautiful for still wearing shorts and swimming, but it's not real hot or humid. The Food & Wine Festival is happening and either MNSSHP or MVMCP depending on the exact time.

I didn't feel this way at first, but I really like our August trip for many reasons. The biggest reason is it works for my family. Another is that we can have a long trip and since it's a little slower at work, I'm not checking email and dealing with work as much during my August trip as I do for a shorter trip another time of year. It would be a challenge to take more than a 5 night trip another time of year without doing work a couple hours a day. I usually do good when at WDW to only do a little work before leaving for the park, during our break time or later at night.

I've only been to WDW during a few of the months in the year and I hope to try more through the years. I'm sure I'll love them all for different reasons.

Comment

Interesting question!

Of our three trips, two have been in mid to late October, and one in mid April, so those are my options. Between those two times of year, I'm going to go with October (which seems to be a popular one on here!) as for me, it has the best balance of crowds and weather. The crowds are always easily manageable, especially with use of Touring Plans, the crowd calendar and FP+, with most waits very reasonable in my experience. The weather is pleasant as well- lovely and warm, but not unbearably so- with nice evenings too. In addition, there's all the Halloween stuff going on, which is a lot of fun- it's nice to have the option to do MNSSHP, even though we haven't yet. And October is pretty much as late in the year as you can get with both waterparks still open before their annual refurb closure in the winter- so important for us, as we love the waterparks, so we prefer to go when both are open!

So my experience of different times of year is fairly limited, but like Bob I'm hoping to get the opportunity to visit at different times in the future. Christmas, or at least the Christmas season, looks so, so, so fun and magical, and I'd like to give January and February a go as well, for the RunDisney events and the low crowds. Summer looks good too, but I'll have the whole year covered at this rate
                George Hart

Comment

Ah, George...

Make no mistake, summer at WDW is anything but good. It is hotter than hell itself, and as crowded as you'll ever experience it outside of Christmas Day, July 4th, and New Year's Eve. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

I do hope you get to experience the resort at Christmas, though. The week between Christmas and New Year's Day is a no go, but the first three weeks of December is WDW at its finest! The decorations are simply sublime.

I don't know how things are shaking out with the Disney Springs transition so far, but Downtown Disney was a must see at Christmas time in years past. I swear they decorated that place more than any other place on property.

Comment

Good point about the heat and crowds, but I'd still like to experience some of the summer events at some point, such as all the Frozen stuff from this year. I guess if I went in summer, I'd spend a lot of time by the pool and take full advantage of the parks being open late into the evening

And the Christmas decorations sound absolutely wonderful!
                    George Hart

Comment

Good point about the heat and crowds, but I'd still like to experience some of the summer events at some point, such as all the Frozen stuff from this year. I guess if I went in summer, I'd spend a lot of time by the pool and take full advantage of the parks being open late into the evening

And the Christmas decorations sound absolutely wonderful!
                      George Hart

Comment

I've been in Feb., March, June, July, Sept. and Oct. Feb. is nice for the weather and Oct. is nice for Food & Wine. Overall, I'd probably go with Feb.

Doing our first Nov. (Thanksgiving week) trip this year. Looking forward to the Christmas events & decorations.
                        Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
                        Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
                        Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
                        Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

Working...
                        X