Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite DVC Resort/Resorts?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite DVC Resort/Resorts?

What is your favorite DVC Resort/Resorts?

Do you have a least favorite?

Last edited by Jackie; 06-29-2012, 06:42 AM.
    Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

Favorite DVC Resort

They all have their benefits. I love staying at Villas at Wilderness Lodge, but I don't really consider it as a DVC resort. So, I will say Kidani is our favorite. You can spend the day there and not even goto the parks.
    Ray

Our websites:
    www.wdwautism.com - Disney for Families with Autism Spectrum Disorder
    www.mousetraveltips.com Podcast
    Twitter: RayMTT

Comment

Animal Kingdom Villas! Here's why we like it. The value studios are the cheapest way to stay at WDW, DVC owner or not. We paid less per night to stay there than we did at Pop Century. Plus, we had a gorgeous savannah view one time and a pool view the second time, to say nothing of the beauty and benefits of the resort itself.

We've also stayed at Beach Club Villas & Saratoga Springs, both of which are awesome!
      Jimmie

WDW: 18 trips since 1990
      Disneyland: 2 trips, 2003 & 2014
      Disney Cruise: 3 cruises since 2006

Next trip: Thanksgiving 2015
      Papaw Gigi Arlee

Comment

I have three favorite DVC Resorts and love each one of them.

Remember I only use WDW transportation while at the World so that might influence at choices somewhat, but I doubt it.

Animal Kingdom Lodge! ( Jambo House) (Home resort)

I just love the atmoshere and feel so completely at home here.
        The greenery in the whole pool area and beyond is beautiful.
        Love the outdoor seating area for Mara.
        The music in the background all the time!
        Not to mention the animals. Seeing giraffe, zebra and more in your back yard. How can you beat that!
        So many interesting activities go on at AKL and Kidani. So many learning opportunities.
        We don't always have a savanna view. Sometimes a pool view. It's a great place to save points.

Bay Lake Tower (Home resort)

Location! Location! Location!
        I love the feeling that you are in the middle of the Magic.
        Being able to walk to Magic Kingdom is fabulous!!! It's especially great after Wishes to just have a short walk back home instead of having to fight the crowds!
        Being on the Monorail loop in wonderful. You are just a nice ride away from Epcot.
        On the resort Monorail loop you feel like you are staying at the Poly and Grand Floridian also. You can enjoy those resorts just as much with their nice outdoor areas and lobbies ( BLT's lobby not so much ).
        Love to dine at Captian Cook's. (Their Grilled Cheese sandwich - yum.)
        The Contemporary's Contempo Cafe has a great menu and tasty choices.
        Also it's just a short boat ride from Wilerness Lodge. Love that place also.
        I like the villas at BLT and the studio is fine with me. It worked out great when we had three adults in a studio.

Beach Club

Again location!
        Before becoming a DVC member this is where I always wished I could stay.
        Love the walk to Epcot is fantastic!
        Love the boat ride to the Studios.
        The walk or boat ride to the Broadwalk, Swan and Dolphin is great.
        Here you also feel like you are in the middle of everything.
        Absolutely love just be able to walk over to Illuminations at 8:45pm and then just walk back when it's over. No working your way through the crowds or waits for transportation.
        I don't stay here as often as BLT or AKL, but I love it. BLT being my Home Resort and AKL are both much easier for me to get in too.
        Last edited by Jackie; 03-26-2014, 09:27 AM.

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Comment

Great choices Jackie.

As we are not picking just one resort I will go for:

Animal Kingdom - for the reasons already listed & I just love love love being able to see the animals in such a relaxing setting, and no matter if it's coffee or cocktails sitting on your balcony here is wonderful.

Old Key West - this has a special place in our hearts as it was he first DVC resort wd ever stayed at, the just blew us away. We love how peaceful it is he villas & studios are the biggest on property & it's a great location close to DTD.

Comment

Before my stay at BCV I would say BLT. But I have stayed at BCV and it is my favorite DVC resort...so far. I do like Animal Kingdom, it is beautiful, but my only complaint there is that the DVC rooms are quite a walk. It would be easier to say what my least favorite resort is. That would be SS. S, it's safe to say I just "like," SS.
            Episode 233 Guest
            2002-All-Star Resort
            2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009 Pop Centry
            2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Spring Break)
            2010 Bay Lake Towers (Thanksgiving)
            New DVC Member - Bay Lake Towers

Comment

My least favorite would be Saratoga Springs, because there are too many bus stops. Takes to long to get anywhere.

Comment

I've only stayed at 3 DVC's so far (SSR, BLT & OKW). My favorite at this point is BLT. You can't beat the location. It's a quick walk to the Magic Kingdom, monorail access to EPCOT, quick boat rides to Ft. Wilderness & Wilderness Lodge and the monorail to the Poly and Grand Floridian. Our favorite dining is in this area. The views from BLT both out to the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake are spectacular. There is a quick walkway over to the Contemporary for the shops and dining. The pool area, although not huge, is lovely. Top of the World lounge is awesome to watch Wishes. Having 3 bathrooms in a 2 bedroom is a big plus and something that only BLT and Kidani have.

SSR will have a special place in my heart since it was our first DVC stay. It is nice being able to walk to Downtown Disney. The resort theming isn't the best, but they a lot of nice pools and it's helpful that 3 of them have pool bars which mean refillable mug stations & some limited food options.

All of this could change when we stay at Kidani in 44 days. I've heard so many great things about the resort and the rooms.

Comment

without a doubt Kidani
                  sigpic
                  WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

your place for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Comment

My favorite is Saratoga Springs for a couple reasons. We own there and it just feels like home! Love staying in Congress Park with a Downtown Disney view! Plus a short walk to all the shopping and restaurants!

Second favorite is Kidani Village! Simply amazing, a world class Resort!

Least favorite Beach Club. Granted location can't be beat when visiting Epcot however the building is way in the rear of the facility and the quick service area is a joke!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monorailbob View Post
                      I've only stayed at 3 DVC's so far (SSR, BLT & OKW). My favorite at this point is BLT. You can't beat the location. It's a quick walk to the Magic Kingdom, monorail access to EPCOT, quick boat rides to Ft. Wilderness & Wilderness Lodge and the monorail to the Poly and Grand Floridian. Our favorite dining is in this area. The views from BLT both out to the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake are spectacular. There is a quick walkway over to the Contemporary for the shops and dining. The pool area, although not huge, is lovely. Top of the World lounge is awesome to watch Wishes. Having 3 bathrooms in a 2 bedroom is a big plus and something that only BLT and Kidani have.

SSR will have a special place in my heart since it was our first DVC stay. It is nice being able to walk to Downtown Disney. The resort theming isn't the best, but they a lot of nice pools and it's helpful that 3 of them have pool bars which mean refillable mug stations & some limited food options.

All of this could change when we stay at Kidani in 44 days. I've heard so many great things about the resort and the rooms.
                      I'm not sure. I loved Kidani. It was an experience that you can't get anywhere else. I love the proximity of BLT to the MK. I love seeing the animals at Kidani, the culture and the laid back feel. We only had enough points at 11 months to book the 1st 2 nights, but we just did minutes ago at Kidani for next August. We'll see what's available in January when we can book the rest. I've loved every DVC resort.

Welcome home!

Comment

Originally posted by monorailbob View Post
                        I'm not sure. I loved Kidani. It was an experience that you can't get anywhere else. I love the proximity of BLT to the MK. I love seeing the animals at Kidani, the culture and the laid back feel. We only had enough points at 11 months to book the 1st 2 nights, but we just did minutes ago at Kidani for next August. We'll see what's available in January when we can book the rest. I've loved every DVC resort.

Welcome home!
                        Hope you get to add to your stay at Kidani at the 7 month mark.

Comment

I have only stayed in two so far (so I am far from an expert). But while it seems to be getting to get mixed reviews, I do really enjoy staying at Saratoga Springs, because if I can?t have a view of the castle, then I can at least get a great view of Downtown Disney. Not to mention the fact that it is a short walk over to the shops and restaurants.
                          We do also love Kidani Village (our last stay) because of the whole incredible atmosphere, plus fun activities and pools for the kids. My next DVC stay is at BLT, so we?ll see if/how my opinion changes then.

Comment

My favorite DVC resort is the Beach Club. I love that it is within walking distance to EPCOT and other resorts. The pool is fantastic.

I stayed at Saratoga Springs once for a long weekend. We did not visit any parks during our stay. Our room was in the Congress Park section (across the water from DtD). It was a 5 minute walk to DTD which was great. We walked over every night.

Comment

Originally posted by oakmanner View Post
                              My favorite is Saratoga Springs for a couple reasons. We own there and it just feels like home! Love staying in Congress Park with a Downtown Disney view! Plus a short walk to all the shopping and restaurants!

Second favorite is Kidani Village! Simply amazing, a world class Resort!

Least favorite Beach Club. Granted location can't be beat when visiting Epcot however the building is way in the rear of the facility and the quick service area is a joke!
                              I have to agree about the counter service at Beach Club.
                              Episode 233 Guest
                              2002-All-Star Resort
                              2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009 Pop Centry
                              2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Spring Break)
                              2010 Bay Lake Towers (Thanksgiving)
                              New DVC Member - Bay Lake Towers

Comment

Working...
                              X