Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling a DVC reservation online

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cancelling a DVC reservation online

    Hi All

    I'm seeing if anyone has cancelled a DVC reservation online. I'm looking to make a change (room type) to my reservation which would basically be a cancellation. Since you can book online at 8 AM (at the 7 or 11 month window) versus waiting until 9 AM for calling DVC I was seeing if it made sense for me to handle it to get the hour advantage. If you cancel online, do all your points go back instantly? Do they go back to the resort exactly how you originally booked it? The actual booking online now goes really quick for me and I can usually get a reservation booked in about 5 or so minutes.

    Thanks for your help.

  • #2
    Bob, I didn't think you could cancel or make any changes to a DVC reservation on line. I have always called. Have you ever done this? I think if you cancel a ressie your points go back instantly where they came from. They always have for me. I call and take days off my trips quite often.
    Last edited by Jackie; 01-16-2015, 09:14 AM.
    Have a magical day!!! Jackie

    Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

    Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
    Amazon: Volume 1
    http://amzn.com/1453699554

    Comment


    • #3
      I actually already did this! When I got my info Monday, I called and made a res. for a 1BR, then canceled it online later and re-booked a 2BR. The points used were a combo of banked 2014 and 2015 and all went fine. Is that what you're asking?

      EDIT: I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the points and where they were, since all the ressies were at our home resort....
      Last edited by joceykagan; 01-16-2015, 09:13 AM. Reason: more explanation
      Jocelyn

      Comment


      • #4
        Jocelyn, I just went on site and saw where you can to this. I guess you can cancel, but not make changes on line. This is great news!
        Last edited by Jackie; 01-16-2015, 09:22 AM.
        Have a magical day!!! Jackie

        Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

        Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
        Amazon: Volume 1
        http://amzn.com/1453699554

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you. There is a place that says cancel or modify, but it doesn't really let you modify. I've had to call to make a modification say if I want to add or subtract a day. They haven't always put my points back exactly as they went in, but I always made sure I stayed on the phone and they eventually straightened it out. That's what you get for having DVC OCD like I do with 6 contracts.

          Comment


          • #6
            I just walked through it so I'd know

            I logged into: https://dvcmember.disney.go.com/
            I went to Upcoming Vacations
            I selected Travel Plan Details
            There's a purple link that says Cancel this Travel Plan in the upper-right corner of the reservation.

            Am I reading too fast again and answering a totally different questions? LOL
            Jocelyn

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by monorailbob View Post
              Thank you. There is a place that says cancel or modify, but it doesn't really let you modify. I've had to call to make a modification say if I want to add or subtract a day. They haven't always put my points back exactly as they went in, but I always made sure I stayed on the phone and they eventually straightened it out. That's what you get for having DVC OCD like I do with 6 contracts.
              OOOOOhhhhh yeah... I'm thinking your is way more complicated Bob!
              Jocelyn

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
                I just walked through it so I'd know

                I logged into: https://dvcmember.disney.go.com/
                I went to Upcoming Vacations
                I selected Travel Plan Details
                There's a purple link that says Cancel this Travel Plan in the upper-right corner of the reservation.

                Am I reading too fast again and answering a totally different questions? LOL
                Yes, that's where I see it also. I'm glad it worked well for you and happened instantly. Thanks again. I'll likely be using it early next week.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am DVC OCD also. I always made sure I stayed on the phone and they eventually straightened out right also. Forever sometimes.
                  I spend so much time making and changing my DVC Ressies. I usually days extra days on both ends while I await getting my flights.
                  Lately if my whole trip days are not available I piece it together day by day. I had to do that for my December trip now I am working on October.
                  Have a magical day!!! Jackie

                  Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

                  Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                  Amazon: Volume 1
                  http://amzn.com/1453699554

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
                    I just walked through it so I'd know

                    I logged into: https://dvcmember.disney.go.com/
                    I went to Upcoming Vacations
                    I selected Travel Plan Details
                    There's a purple link that says Cancel this Travel Plan in the upper-right corner of the reservation.

                    Am I reading too fast again and answering a totally different questions? LOL
                    I did ask this question before, but deleted it when you posted the answer.

                    Thank you so much for posting this information, Jocelyn. I did not know you could make any changes on line before. It should make my DVC booking time much easier. I am going to walk myself though it.

                    Bob, thank you so much for bringing up this topic!

                    You have both made my life on much easier.
                    Have a magical day!!! Jackie

                    Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

                    Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                    Amazon: Volume 1
                    http://amzn.com/1453699554

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      I am DVC OCD also. I always made sure I stayed on the phone and they eventually straightened out right also. Forever sometimes.
                      I spend so much time making and changing my DVC Ressies. I usually days extra days on both ends while I await getting my flights.
                      Lately if my whole trip days are not available I piece it together day by day. I had to do that for my December trip now I am working on October.
                      Jackie- that's a great tip for me to use!! I'm OCD about booking my flights... we fly Southwest out of Providence and I use all rewards for our flights. I sleep on the couch with the laptop on my coffee table so I can get the flight I want the day since it's not always the same time of day they open the schedule on the day that they do. I set my alarm for like 45 minute intervals all night.... what we do for our trips!
                      Jocelyn

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bob, How many home resorts do you have? Are they all the same Use Year? I have one different making it a little more difficult.

                        Do you often change to any other resort at 7 months?

                        I have 8 contracts, but they are all for my 2 home resorts. I wanted small point contracts. I have one for 100 points and the rest are for 50 or 60. I wanted them to be easy to sell.
                        Have a magical day!!! Jackie

                        Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

                        Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                        Amazon: Volume 1
                        http://amzn.com/1453699554

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
                          Jackie- that's a great tip for me to use!! I'm OCD about booking my flights... we fly Southwest out of Providence and I use all rewards for our flights. I sleep on the couch with the laptop on my coffee table so I can get the flight I want the day since it's not always the same time of day they open the schedule on the day that they do. I set my alarm for like 45 minute intervals all night.... what we do for our trips!
                          Wow, you are worse than me, but I wait and check about 6am. Then I am continuously watching for the best or better price. I fly SW also.

                          All this booking for trips and flights is quite a job!!
                          Have a magical day!!! Jackie

                          Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

                          Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                          Amazon: Volume 1
                          http://amzn.com/1453699554

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            Bob, How many home resorts do you have? Are they all the same Use Year? I have one different making it a little more difficult.

                            Do you often change to any other resort at 7 months?

                            I have 8 contracts, but they are all for my 2 home resorts. I wanted small point contracts. I have one for 100 points and the rest are for 50 or 60. I wanted them to be easy to sell.
                            I have 4 home resorts(SSR, AKV, BLT, BWV), but the same use year. I heard different use years could make it more of a challenge so I stayed away from it. Of course having 4 home resorts isn't perfect either. We book a 2 bedroom in August for usually 9 nights which typically is 325-450 points. I don't have that many points at any one resort so I can never book the full trip at 11 months. We do try to think ahead and hopefully bank points for the next resort we are staying at. We did that with AK so with banked points and current points we had enough to book 7 nights standard view for August. I still need to book the first 2 nights which I can do on Sunday. We may surprise everyone and bump up to Savannah view (this would cause the need to basically cancel and re-book). I'm a little torn since we did standard view last year and I enjoyed taking a walk to the observation area at Kidani to view the animals each morning. Of course the rest of my family doesn't get up so early so it will help them.

                            Last year for BLT 2 bedroom Standard View, we used banked, current and borrowed to book 6 nights and then sweated it out as there are only 8 dedicated 2 bedroom standard view rooms at BLT (I check daily and most of our dates for 2015 are gone with this view), but we luckily got the other 3 nights. With so many Northeast DVC owners that have school starting closer to or after Labor Day, it can be a challenge to book from August 16th-30th when the point chart goes down.

                            We picked up BWV last year on resale for $65 a point and bought it specifically for F&W. It was bigger than we needed, but not by a lot. We are going to take a break from buying more contracts and start to pay for some college tuition.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              Wow, you are worse than me, but I wait and check about 6am. Then I am continuously watching for the best or better price. I fly SW also.

                              All this booking for trips and flights is quite a job!!
                              It's not a hard and fast rule, but when JetBlue releases dates for flights it's generally on a Sunday at noon. They don't usually give a lot of notice. When we were in WDW in November I booked our August 2015 flights because they released them while we were away. We take that midday break so I could do it then.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X