cool idea for a disney blog/website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool idea for a disney blog/website?

I wasn't sure where to post this.. hope this is the right spot.. I figured, it's creative?? lol

I had a cool idea for a new disney blog/website... I myself could never do this but I thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what people think...

basically one website where you could go to check on any disney meets. yep, a disney meets website. One official place where people could check to see who is meeting up where. Since there are SO many online disney message boards/podcasts/communities and they all seem to have different meets at different times of the year, I think this would be a great idea.

That way if anyone was going to WDW and thought "hmm, who could I meet up with" all the info is right there in one spot.

also, there could be updates of the different meet ups, how they went, people could rate them or review them and even send in pictures of how it went etc...

or it could be just a simple site with all the meets up listed.

It would take a lot of work as whoever ran it would have to keep connected to all the disney online communities somehow..

anyway.. thought I would throw my idea out there.. maybe someone reading this will take the idea and run with it.. or know someone would could make the idea become a reality.

there isn't anything like that out there yet is there?

ready.... and... discuss!

check out my disney photos and more at www.flickr.com/marcellina
    my california trip report:http://www.beourguestpodcast.com/for...ead.php?t=1772

website

That would be a cool idea for those that are looking to see what meet & greets were occurring.
    Ray

Our websites:
    www.wdwautism.com - Disney for Families with Autism Spectrum Disorder
    www.mousetraveltips.com Podcast
    Twitter: RayMTT

Comment

It would be tough to keep up with, you would need a representative from each community to keep updates going. Also, it would probably only pertain to people that are part of multiple communities as if they were with only one they probably would not leave that community site much.

It is a cool idea - it would need to be advertised on each community to be a success I think.
      Check out our book "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Parks" BOGP Episode 255 Interview
      On Amazon: Vol.1 http://amzn.com/1453699554 Vol.2 http://amzn.com/1497496896
      On Facebook: Attention to Detail
      WDW visits: 8/03, 2/04, 10/04 ASMovies, 10/05 POP 10/06, 10/07, 10/08, 10/09, 10/10 ASMovies, 9/12 POFQ, 12/13 POFQ, Pop 10/14, ASMovies 2/15, Poly 6/16

Comment

What a great idea, Marci! How cool would that be!
        I love playing Reindeer Games with my BOGP friends!

Another Proud Travel Advisor for The Magic for Less Travel

www.makingmagicandmemories.com

Come like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MakingMagicAndMemories

Your Official Park Tweeter! TMFLDebbieR

Comment

That sounds fantastic! People could even use it to take advantage of things like Grand Gatherings and fireworks cruises without paying for a whole boat when there's only two of you, etc. It'd also be a great place to organise pixie dust postcards and other exchanges.
          Becca
          Xx

What I'm thinking about

Jan 11 DLRP
          Aug 10 DLR; Sep 09 Pop
          Jan 09 SSR; Jan 08 Pop
          Apr 04 AKL; Jan 00 DLRP
          Dec 98 DLRP; Jul 97 DLRP
          Oct 95 Offsite; Dec 93 DLRP
          Oct 90 Dolphin; Jan 88 Poly

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
            It would be tough to keep up with, you would need a representative from each community to keep updates going. Also, it would probably only pertain to people that are part of multiple communities as if they were with only one they probably would not leave that community site much.

It is a cool idea - it would need to be advertised on each community to be a success I think.
            it definitely would be a bit tough to keep up with it, that's why I'm not going to attempt to do it myself! and you're right.. I think it would have to be advertised on sites or maybe just word of mouth might get it out enough? I dunno .. using things like twitter/facebook/etc. thanks for your input Keith!

Originally posted by aurora1982 View Post
            That sounds fantastic! People could even use it to take advantage of things like Grand Gatherings and fireworks cruises without paying for a whole boat when there's only two of you, etc. It'd also be a great place to organise pixie dust postcards and other exchanges.
            great idea.. I never thought about joining with other people for cruises and things.... love that!

thanks everyone.. I really would love to see a website like this come to happen, I just know *I* don't have the time/knowledge to make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by aurora1982 View Post
              Yes, this kinda stuff added to a site like this would really get it going! Great idea as well!
              Check out our book "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Parks" BOGP Episode 255 Interview
              On Amazon: Vol.1 http://amzn.com/1453699554 Vol.2 http://amzn.com/1497496896
              On Facebook: Attention to Detail
              WDW visits: 8/03, 2/04, 10/04 ASMovies, 10/05 POP 10/06, 10/07, 10/08, 10/09, 10/10 ASMovies, 9/12 POFQ, 12/13 POFQ, Pop 10/14, ASMovies 2/15, Poly 6/16

Comment

This is a great idea...for all the reasons stated above. I would think you could start with a simple calendar and then expand from there - right?
                Oct. 10 - Dolphin
                Feb. 10 - POFQ
                Dec. 08 - AKL
                Nov. 08 - POFQ
                Jan. 08 - offsite
                Aug. 07 - CBR
                May 05 - Pop
                July 01 - All Star Music
                Jan. - June 00 - College Program
                Dec. - 91 - Dixie Landings

Comment

What a great idea, Marci!!

I also would love to see something like this happen. I don't knowledge/time to make it happen either!

It would be great to have a place to find out when Disney Meets are.
                  Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
                  Amazon: Volume 1
                  http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

Originally posted by Nicole View Post
                    This is a great idea...for all the reasons stated above. I would think you could start with a simple calendar and then expand from there - right?

that's true Nicole.. it could be very simple to start with just to see how much interest there would be in something like that... I wish I knew web design and knew how to do something like this on my own...

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    It would be great to have a place to find out when Disney Meets are.
                    yeah you know.. I think I heard on betamouse maybe people talking about different meets and a lot of them I had never heard of.. they were based on different podcasts/message boards.. I just think that the disney community is so friendly, even if someone wasn't an active member of a certain group, they could still meet up with everyone and have a good time.

Comment

I think that's a great idea Marci. Keith is right though you would have to have a representative from each community to keep up with the meets. Do you post on other communities?
                      Episode 233 Guest
                      2002-All-Star Resort
                      2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009 Pop Centry
                      2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Spring Break)
                      2010 Bay Lake Towers (Thanksgiving)
                      New DVC Member - Bay Lake Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
                        I think that's a great idea Marci. Keith is right though you would have to have a representative from each community to keep up with the meets. Do you post on other communities?
                        I used to post on the disboards on a semi-frequent basis .. now I mostly just read it though.

Comment

OK, so I've turned up three years late for this conversation however, this is still a cool idea!

when I read the first post I immediately thought "Google Calendar".

I'm not volunteering my services for this! Don't have the time at the moment, but the idea is appealing.

I'm pretty new to the Disney Community, just how large is this awesome group of folk? Anyone have a list of Disney Forums?

I hang out here and over at the Dibb

Comment

Working...
                          X