Winter Park, Fla. and the Tiffany stained glass museum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Park, Fla. and the Tiffany stained glass museum

The town of Winter Park, Fla., makes a great "day off" from the parks. The town is beautiful in itself, but the main attraction is the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, which mainly features stained glass, jewelry, furniture, art, housewares, and more from Louis Comfort Tiffany. What an amazing find! Admission is just $3.

I would go there first thing in the morning to tour. When we visited a couple years ago, we had a leisurely lunch before hitting the museum, only to find out near the end of our tour that they closed at 4pm and not 5! We had to rush rush through the most interesting part of the tour; they even wanted to kick us out of the gift shop.

To spend the day in Winter Park, visit the Morse Museum first. Then have lunch at one of the many bistros downtown or have a take-out picnic in the big grassy public park, where the AMTRAK trains come right through. Follow lunch with a "Scenic Boat Tour" through the town's lakes and canals on a pontoon boat. It's very relaxing and you'll learn some about the local history. Pix

I wish we had more time in Orlando on this upcoming trip because I really want to go back to the Morse museum and finish my tour!!
    Last edited by CosmicRae; 08-12-2009, 02:01 PM.

Twitter: xrae

I visited a few years ago - I wasn't a Disney person then and wanted to see other stuff.

It was indeed a very nice day and Winter Park is lovely!! very easy to get to from Orlando.
    Disney Trip: December 09 Trip Report - done! in thread now

Comment

You are so right! Winter Park is truly a great place to visit -- and with lots to see and experience!
      I love playing Reindeer Games with my BOGP friends!

Another Proud Travel Advisor for The Magic for Less Travel

www.makingmagicandmemories.com

Come like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MakingMagicAndMemories

Your Official Park Tweeter! TMFLDebbieR

Comment

So glad you posted this! We are relocating from Texas to Winter Park in 4 days. Can't wait to call Winter Park home!
        Scott Parker
        facebook.com/takingthefloridaplunge

Comment

Originally posted by bigdsp View Post
          So glad you posted this! We are relocating from Texas to Winter Park in 4 days. Can't wait to call Winter Park home!
          Congrats on the move
          WE'RE TALKING DISNEY, GOING AT IT AS HARD AS WE CAN!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdsp View Post
            Awesome! I moved from Frisco (Dallas) several years ago to Orlando and love it! And WP is not far from me at all. A great 'real' Mexican restaurant is in WP - the owners are from Dallas and the tortillas are shipped in from Texas. You will learn to appreciate this! LOL

Welcome! Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way.
            I love playing Reindeer Games with my BOGP friends!

Another Proud Travel Advisor for The Magic for Less Travel

www.makingmagicandmemories.com

Come like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MakingMagicAndMemories

Your Official Park Tweeter! TMFLDebbieR

Comment

The Morse museum is open throughout the year for the visitors and the tourists. I have been visited there before my trip to the grand Brighton.I have visited there with my friend last year and enjoyed the gallery at least for 90 minute and also see the 14 minute orientation film “A legacy for the community”. They also offer the numerous tours like Decent tour, curator tour, Gallery Talks and the cell phone Audio tour.

Comment

Working...
              X