This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
    Hello! I am fairly new to the forums....

My name is Jocelyn, I'm 36, and married to my wonderful husband, Aires. We have three beautiful, healthy girls - Lucianna (6), Rayley (5), and Sabrina (2). Our Vizsla also joined our family this summer, Brewer is about 7 months old now.

I grew up on Disney, visiting when I was barely a year old. We visited at least every other year as a family until I was a teenager and started going more often as I earned my own money! I've been more than 30 times and love staying on property. Growing up we stayed at All Star Sports & Music, the Contemporary, The Beach Club, & The Disney Inn (before it was Shades of Green). As an adult, I've mostly stayed at the Beach Club Villas & Old Key West, but recently at the Villas at the Grand Floridian as well, and Saratoga a couple of years ago. We're very excited to because we are just waiting for our account information - we've just closed on a DVC contract at the Beach Club!!

My husband who wasn't sold on Disney when we met, proposed in front of Cinderella Castle, and fell in love with Walt Disney World during that trip. We've since been back 6 times since, with our children (as they've come along!). They are obsessed.

Our next trip that we're planning for November 2015, we hope to catch the end of Food & Wine, I'm hoping to train for the half marathon!, experience our first Very Merry Christmas Party, and spend a lot of time in the World Showcase. The girls want to spend a half a day in each country, learning, taking pictures, tasting.... seriously, how much prouder can a Disney mom be?

Outside of our love for Disney, we live on the coast (SE MA) so we do a lot of beach in the summer months. My girls love shows so we also venture to Providence, Boston, & New York City to see what we can. Mary Poppins on Broadway is a fave, but you must. see. Aladdin. It was amazing!!

Currently, we're enjoying the Christmas season and being with family & friends. It's been great getting to know some of you as well!!
    Thanks for sharing your back story Jocelyn. Congratulations on your recent DVC contract and welcome home! Beach Club is one of the few DVC resorts we haven't stayed at yet, but will one of these years hopefully (it can be tough booking there if you don't own points there). We are probably about an hour away as we are a little NW of Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by monorailbob View Post
      Thanks for sharing your back story Jocelyn. Congratulations on your recent DVC contract and welcome home! Beach Club is one of the few DVC resorts we haven't stayed at yet, but will one of these years hopefully (it can be tough booking there if you don't own points there). We are probably about an hour away as we are a little NW of Boston.
      Oh you'll have to stay there Bob! It's awesome! It's in need of a refurb I think, but it's definitely home for us!

Yes, not far! We'll be in Boston this weekend at the Wang!
      Jocelyn

Comment

• Thanks for sharing about yourselves, Harry and Jocelyn. It is great to learn more about our BOGP family members.

Jocelyn, congrats on your DVC contract. I love Beach Club. It isn't a home resort for me, but I stay there sometimes. WELCOME HOME!!
        Have a magical day!!! Jackie

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
        Amazon: Volume 1
        http://amzn.com/1453699554

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          Thanks for sharing about yourselves, Harry and Jocelyn. It is great to learn more about our BOGP family members.

Jocelyn, congrats on your DVC contract. I love Beach Club. It isn't a home resort for me, but I stay there sometimes. WELCOME HOME!!
          Thanks Jackie!!

Welcome Harry!
          Jocelyn

Comment

• Originally posted by joceykagan View Post
            Oh you'll have to stay there Bob! It's awesome! It's in need of a refurb I think, but it's definitely home for us!

Yes, not far! We'll be in Boston this weekend at the Wang!
            I'm sure at some point I'll get to BCV. We tend to go at times of the year that seem busy with the northeast DVC owners so there isn't a lot of availability at the 7 month window at least not without doing a split stay.

Enjoy the Wang this weekend. My office is about 3/4 of a mile away.

Comment

Working...
            X