Be Our Guest WDW Podcast Forums  

Go Back   Be Our Guest WDW Podcast Forums > Disney Trip Planning Forums > WDW General Discussion

Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
BOGP Superstar

Send a message via Skype™ to Rocky1332
Default Blue Sky Discussion

So i was listening to another podcast on the way home from work yesterday, and they had in interesting take on a pretty common topic...which was essentially a discussion of "eliminate, refurb and think of a new attraction", but they called it a Blue Sky discussion, which i thought might be fun here with this perspective.

The idea was to keep a positive spin on this discussion (its easy for these to devolve into a complaining () session)...essentially the directive was to put your imagineer's hat on, look 15 years into the future and think of your ideal day at Disney World and identify one attraction which by that time will have run its course and will have been eliminated, one attraction that will need to be refurbed, and a new attraction that currently does not exist.

Let's start at EPCOT Center (which is what it'll be called again 15 years from now )

Eliminated: Innoventions. I've been pretty disappointed the last several trips going through the innoventions buildings...let's be honest, ever since they got rid of the hundreds of sega genesises its been down hill . They have a great opportunity for this to be a showcase of cutting edge technology, and instead we have a lesson in personal finance & home safety tips.

Refurbed: Imagination. There is too much unused space there and too much history with this attraction to let it squander any longer. The ride will once again be overhauled...not completely set back to how it used to be but we will see a return of the dream finder again! Also the second floor will be re-opened and renovated with lots of new and fun technology (which has not yet been invented by Disney).

Brandie-New: I'm obviously not breaking new ground by saying this, but by this time Russia will be in World Showcase where the outpost currently is. It will be a replica of Red Square, with a restaurant (of course), shops and a dark ride inside St. Basils Cathedral. I'll be pretty excited to see this one. Perhaps by this time we could see more than one new country?!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
BOGP Superstar

Good topic
Eliminated: Imagination-as much as I enjoy the Figment attraction, this pavilion seems pretty unpopular. Also, half the building is for 3-D shows and those are getting old.

Updated: Universe of Energy-the topic is relevant, Ellen and especially Bill Nye aren't

New attraction: The former Wonders of Life pavilion will become a pavilion about weather and natural hazards (someone came up with this pavilion idea on themeparkinsider.com so it's not really my idea)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Brent, what a fantastic question!!!! It will be interesting to hear people's responses.

Check out our New Book: "Attention to Detail: A Look at Walt Disney World Attractions" Volume 2

Amazon: Voume 2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497496896/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
Amazon: Volume 1
http://amzn.com/1453699554
Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 PM
BOGP Superstar

Eliminated: Wonders of Life Pavillion. Something needs to be done with that space.

Updated: Agree with Universe of Energy. New hosts would be a welcome change.

New: Please, oh please, oh please... put the Godzilla roller coaster in Japan!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
BOGP Superstar

Send a message via Skype™ to P19let UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by frandog View Post
Good topic
Eliminated: Imagination-as much as I enjoy the Figment attraction, this pavilion seems pretty unpopular. Also, half the building is for 3-D shows and those are getting old.

Updated: Universe of Energy-the topic is relevant, Ellen and especially Bill Nye aren't

New attraction: The former Wonders of Life pavilion will become a pavilion about weather and natural hazards (someone came up with this pavilion idea on themeparkinsider.com so it's not really my idea)

Oooh I would love to see the Wonders of Life pavilion finally being used again